Your ability to plan and manage a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 infrastructure will be enhanced by taking this five-day course. How to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot your SharePoint infrastructure are all topics covered in this course. Additionally, this course offers recommendations, industry standards, and ideas to aid in the optimization of your SharePoint setup. It is connected with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification and is the first of two courses for IT professionals.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and abilities to organize and manage a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment after completing this five-day course. You learn how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot your SharePoint infrastructure in this course. Additionally, this course offers recommendations, best practices, and things to keep in mind to help you improve your SharePoint implementation. This is the first of two courses for IT specialists that follow each other and are designed to prepare students for the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
- Create an information architecture for the implementation of SharePoint 2016.
- Create a logical architecture before deploying SharePoint 2016.
- Create the physical infrastructure for the deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- SharePoint 2016 installation and configuration.
- Web applications and site collections can be created and configured.
- Plan and set up service applications for a deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- In a SharePoint 2016 setup, you can control users and permissions as well as secure material.
- Set up authentication for a deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Set up security at the platform and farm levels for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- In SharePoint web applications and site collections, manage information taxonomies.
- User profiles and audiences can be configured and managed.
- Configure and control SharePoint 2016's search functionality.
- A deployment of SharePoint 2016 should be tracked, maintained, and troubleshot.
Unit 1: Introducing SharePoint 2016
- Key components of a SharePoint deployment
- New features in SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2016 deployment options
Unit 2: Designing an information architecture
- Identifying business requirements
- Understanding business requirements
- Organizing information in SharePoint 2016
- Planning for discoverability
Unit 3: Designing a logical architecture
- Overview of the SharePoint 2016 logical architecture
- Documenting your logical architecture
Unit 4: Designing a physical architecture
- Designing physical components for SharePoint deployments
- Designing supporting components for SharePoint deployments
- SharePoint farm topologies
- Mapping a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design
Unit 5: Installing and configuring SharePoint 2016
- Installing SharePoint 2016
- Scripting installation and configuration of SharePoint
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farm settings
Unit 6: Creating web applications and site collections
- Creating web applications
- Configuring web applications
- Creating and configuring site collections
Unit 7: Planning and configuring service applications
- Introduction to the service application architecture
- Creating and configuring service applications
Unit 8: Managing users and permissions, and securing content
- Configuring authorization in SharePoint 2016
- Managing access to content
Unit 9: Configuring authentication for SharePoint 2016
- Overview of authentication
- Configuring federated authentication
- Configuring server-to-server authentication
Unit 10: Securing a SharePoint 2016 deployment
- Securing the platform
- Configuring farm-level security
Unit 11: Managing taxonomy
- Managing content types
- Understanding managed metadata
- Configuring the managed metadata service
Unit 12: Configuring user profile
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing user profiles and audiences
Unit 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Understanding the Search Service Application architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterpris Search
Unit 14: Monitoring and maintaining a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Tuning and optimizing a SharePoint 2016 environment
- Planning and onfiguring caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2016 environment