01 - 05 Jan 2024 05.Jan.2024
Good communication and planning skills are essential for all administrative professionals. This interactive and practical program is designed to help participants review and develop these skills so that they can enhance not only their own effectiveness but also that of their immediate colleagues and teams.
- PR Managers.
- PR Professionals.
- HR Professionals.
- Marketing Professionals.
- Persons who want to extend and improve their skills.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- face-face communication (both one-to-one and in small groups).
- telephone skills, teleconferencing, and remote communications.
- written communications (including writing e-mails, letters, reports, and instructions).
- meetings skills and supporting presentations.
- interpersonal and influencing skills.
- personal planning and time-management skills.
- project planning and monitoring.
- review and develop their communication, interpersonal, and planning skills and their appreciation of the principles involved. take stock of their current approaches and decide on initiatives to enhance communication and planning within their own teams/sections.
- Face-to-Face Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Planning & Time Management.
- Team-Working and Meetings.
- Managing Information and Written Communication.
- Supporting Presentations/Improving Teamwork and Systems.
Unit 1: Face-to-Face Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Interpersonal skills and building working relationships
- Delegation – giving and receiving
- Assertive communication
- Managing conflict
Unit 2: Planning & Time Management:
- Handling and making requests
- Personal planning tools and systems
- Managing interruptions
- Project planning and principles of CPA
Unit 3: Team-Working and Meetings:
- Team development and group dynamics
- Constructive and inclusive discussions
- Challenging ideas and getting agreement
- Improving meetings
- planning and preparation
- participation and control
- follow-up and meeting notes
Unit 4: Managing Information and Written Communication:
- Principles of information management
- digesting information and making it meaningful
- Report writing
- Grammar & punctuation
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Writing e-mails and letters
- Other forms of written communication
Unit 5: Supporting Presentations/Improving Teamwork and Systems:
- Designing slides and incorporating graphics
- Room setup, equipment, and trouble shooting
- Continuous improvement and creative thinking
- Making a case
- Program review