Users who are already familiar with the first level of integration within IPM (GAP, PROSPER, and MBAL) and want to advance the approach to integrated production modeling by integrating numerical simulation reservoir models, process models, economics, as well as implementing global optimization and field management rules within the system, are the target audience for this course. This course explains how to dynamically link various apps and the chance that degree of integration presents at the moment of complete production system optimization. A number of projects with a range of engineering objectives, from field development planning to daily field optimization, are used to cover the course material. By the end of the course, participants will not only be comfortable with using the RESOLVE platform, but they will also have learned the most effective ways to design global optimisation issues using this platform.
- This course is targeted to those engineers that have
- Attended the Standard IPM course previously, and
- Have consolidated their familiarity of MBAL, PROSPER and GAP through consistent use over time.
- This course will assume a base level of familiarity of the tools, and is intended promote the analytical features available in creating physics based field realisations in the IPM tools
- Developing RESOLVE's agility in combining manufacturing models
- Understanding and choosing relevant problem-solving techniques
- Using workflows to build Field Rules to identify and control flow-related behavior
Unit 1: RESOLVES Summary: Goals, Functions, and Structure
- Using surface network models, economics, and reservoir numerical simulation models together for field development (long-term forecast):
- Using Applications to Connect
- Creating Field Development Scenarios
- Scheduling Events (Event Driven Scheduling)
- Sharing Data Among Applications
- Using an Integrated Model to Implement Field Operation Rules (Advanced Event Driven Scheduling using Workflows)
Unit 2: Resolving Issues with Global Pptimization (Involving Multiple Applications)
- Integrated Process Design, Feedback Loops, and Routing Optimisation Using RESOLVE (GIRO) are formulation strategies for reservoir, well, surface network, and process models.
- Finding solutions for optimization problems and interpreting and analyzing the results
Unit 3: Advanced PVT Options
- Using proprietary PVT Lumping/Delumping techniques
- Create Consistent Fluid Description across all connected applications.
- Models Independent of Process are Created