10 - 14 Oct 2022 14.Oct.2022
Rapid and radical change is affecting the whole of the world. Everywhere in the world we are facing significant challenges in terms of growth and competition.
In other places the key to organizational success and efficiency is creating real value as well as controlling costs and maintaining market competitiveness. In these circumstances, companies are increasingly searching for a source of competitive advantage particularly through maximizing every advantage of its human capital.
This practical course shows you how the HR function itself can be a competitive advantage and the type of policies that should be developed.
- Human Resource Professionals as team leader, supervisory and middle management level wishing to advance their career
- Managers at all levels who wish to consolidate, refresh and reinforce their knowledge and skills
- Ideal for delegates who are intending to move into Human Resource management after a period of experience in line management
- Line Managers wishing to develop a more thorough understanding of the key Human Resource practices so that they can manage their team more effectively
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the empowerment, what it means and how to achieve measurable results.
- Learn about recruitment and Retention – finding and keeping successful people is becoming increasingly difficult.
- Appreciate the new techniques for recruitment will significantly improve their chances of getting the best people.
- Master how to do performance management and more importantly get the tools to be able to measure accurately the results.
- Learn about the behavioral competencies, You will be able to use a new process to measure and manage competencies and will see the new formula for valuing competency improvement.
- Master motivation and see how a new focus in performance appraisal can transform results and improve productivity.
- Cut edge of innovation and latest processes specifically for world-class HR functions.
- Implement ROI within their organizations
- Business productivity improvement
- Mastery of competencies
- HR process innovation
- Leadership development (for self and others)
- HR measurement and effectiveness techniques
- Innovation and creativity
Unit 1: The Context for Change:
- The big picture – What's changing and how that affects everyone in HR – discussion
- The strategic requirement –new demands - new HR tools
- Leadership and management style what it is and how to measure it
- The new way to create leaders – the process
- Recruitment - The new competency & behavioral approach
- The process needed to get results
- Key success areas to aid retention
Unit 2: Managing Performance, Behaviour, and Culture:
- Performance Management – setting standards
- Methods of setting targets and measuring performance
- Improving managerial performance
- The Psychological Contract v what happens in the workplace
- Corporate culture – what it is and how to measure it
- Coaching, Mentoring; Counselling; How to get results
Unit 3: Implications for Employment Practice:
- Work Organisation – how to calculate the right size of any organization
- The use of Competencies – Setting measurement standards, how to value the improvement in competency standards
- Human Capital Management – techniques for measuring the value of Human Capital
Unit 4: Employee Relations:
- Rights VS Responsibilities, employment contracts and what they mean
- Poor performance procedure – the principle of differentiation
- Disciplinary procedure – This is the line manager’s role! Discussion
- Other issues, but who’s responsibility are they? Grievances & Equal opportunities
Unit 5: The Future For Employment Practices:
- Industrial Democracy – Google example –but will it work anywhere else?
- The role of employee representatives for Communications, Consultation and Involvement
- The new shape of HR
- Keeping good people