Quality management has evolved into a career sought by many around the world. Knowledge Management for Quality Management has evolved to cover leadership, communication, strategy, technical skills in quality, project management, and many other competencies. This course aims to develop these skills and provide participants with tools and methodologies. The tools and methodologies most commonly used by quality specialists will be highlighted. Also, some leadership qualities that all quality specialists will have to demonstrate will be highlighted. This course will also present the team development skills that the quality team must undergo. Using a combination of skills and different applications is the ultimate goal of this unique course.
Individuals, Leaders, Supervisors, Managers, and All those who are involved in implementing quality management and improving institutional performance.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and impact of leadership on supporting quality management systems.
- Describe the importance of quality in institutions and research in different quality institutes and principles launched by quality leaders.
- Evaluate team dynamics and the role of teams in supporting ongoing improvement projects.
- Evaluate the ethical obligation that quality professionals must-have.
- Quality Management.
- Quality control and assurance.
- Use quality tools.
- Team management.
- Understanding the ethical principles in the quality profession.
- Application of quality methodologies.
Unit 1: Leadership and Quality Management:
- Definitions, similarities, and differences.
- Can leadership be taught and developed?
- The qualities of a real quality leader.
- The role of leadership in supporting quality management systems.
- Situational leadership in quality.
Unit 2: Quality and Definitions Basics:
- Definition and concept of quality.
- History of quality.
- Benefits of implementing a quality model.
- Quality management systems.
- Total Quality Management.
- The cost of using poor quality.
- Seven Success Secrets in Total Quality Management.
- Examples of national quality awards.
- Dubai Quality Award.
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (EFQM).
- Quality Pioneers Review.
- Quality philosophies.
- Fourteen points.
- Quality Goran trilogy.
- The concept of zero defects for Crosby.
- Quality House, Publishing, and Distribution Quality Function (QFD).
- Six Sigma Methodology.
- LEAN and 5S soft system principles.
Unit 3: Building Difference in Quality Management System:
- Why is team thinking important in quality management projects?
- Barriers to the achievements of teams.
- Characteristics of effective teams.
- Team development course.
- Tools for selecting team members.
Unit 4: Optimization Tools and Techniques:
- Any tool you use.
- Seven classic quality tools.
- Verification Sheet.
- Pareto Chart.
- Cause and effect diagram.
- Spread scheme.
- Control Charts.
- Flow maps.
Unit 5: Process Mapping and Management Processes:
- Management elements and planning tools.
- Operation "Turtle Chart".
- Analysis of failure mode and impact analysis (FMEA).
Unit 6: Ethical Principles in Quality Management:
- The 7 principles of ethics
- American Society of Quality Conduct