What do we mean by leadership? Where does influence fit in? What are some of the “best practices” in leadership over time and how do they apply to modern business today?
Best Practices are the practices chosen by world-class leaders who have used their influence to change their environment – government or business - for the good, or to improve their organization's success rate.
Organizational development literature contains a wide variety of definitions and descriptions of leadership. Some people argue that leadership and management are quite different and that they require a different perspective and skills. Others hold that leadership is the face of management and that influencing is the face of leadership.
“A leader is someone who sets the direction and influences people to follow in that direction.”
This conference establishes what some of the industry leaders do, to improve their organizations’ position through effective leadership. We will study the best practices from industry leaders whose techniques have proven to work in the local and global markets. Each practice will include a way in which any leader in the market can apply the practices learned to improve their environment. Also, case studies are delivered through videos with a hands-on activity and team case questions, to further provide an insight into how to make these practices work in your environment.
- Managers among all managerial levels
- Supervisors & Team leaders
- Employees who want to gain great leadership skills to grow and develop their career
At the end of this conference the participants will be able to:
- Determine best practices of leaders through history and how to apply them today
- Articulate an understanding of what leadership means for in your business.
- Explain their leadership capabilities and areas for personal development.
- Determine their role as an effective leader in any organization.
- Describe a change management model for management and the process of planning, communicating, and implementing change.
- Describe how to build and rebuild trust in an organization.
- Develop strategies for creating a positive work environment that fosters leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in others.
- Tap into and “inner power” to gain self-confidence and strength.
- Get the most productivity out of each constituent (worker or other)
- Develop a culture that earns respect through new ideas and innovation.
- Leadership skills & leadership balance
- Build a following by building trust
- Transforming people into productive followers
- Change management
- Planning for future
- Leading by example
- Personal growth techniques
- Command respect
Unit 1: Leadership and Influence: What do they mean?
- Leadership roles
- Self-evaluation: leadership behaviors
- Leadership from Within
- Models that guide thinking
- Three lenses of leadership
Unit 2: How a Leader Leads From Within:
- Ways to enhance self-knowledge
- Self-reflection and self-esteem
- Understand how you think
- The character of a leader
- Creating an environment of leadership
- Real leaders are emotionally intelligent
- Guide to your inner leader
- Balance in mind, body, and spirit
Unit 3: The Role of a Change Leader:
- Making the change transition
- Responses to change
- How to be resilient during change times
- Environmental change agents
- Change and leadership models
- Communicating change
- The human side of change
Unit 4: How a Leader Builds Trust:
- What is trust?
- The benefits of a High Trust Environment
- Trust reducing behaviors
- Restoring breached trust
- Building capacity for trust
- Personal influence and political intelligence
- Negotiating agreement
Unit 5: How a Leader Fosters a Leadership Environment:
- Mind and action focus
- The Alliance Mindset
- Developing the Win-Win solution
- Tips on improving performance
- Strategies for fostering leadership
- Leadership knowledge check
- Essential leadership qualities
- Success questions
- Action steps to take