All the attributes that you will require as a leader, can be developed, though positive pro-activity, strong personal discipline, and a desire to achieve. Self-confidence and self-determination, combined with an ability to manage people, will make you a strong leader, able to attain your targets and goals.
If you want to move from being a good professional to being a great professional, you cannot afford to miss this seminar. Because leadership skills are attributes that every successful professional needs in today’s business environment. Here you will learn how to motivate your team to get them to want to do what they are supposed to do. Like all great leaders, you will learn how to provide a learning environment where team members can grow and develop new skills. You will learn how to stay on course while constantly refocusing your group or department’s goals. You will become an innovator able to add value to your organization, its customers, and its stakeholders.
- Managers among all managerial levels
- Team leaders
- Human recourses
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop effective working relationships with others (staff, peers, supervisors, customers).
- Treat people with respect and fairness (open-minded; nonjudgmental).
- Initiates interactions and establishes rapport with others.
- Work cooperatively with others despite differences in values, cultures, or opinions.
- Concern, show an awareness of or sensitivity to the needs, and perspectives of others.
- Express disagreement Tactfully
- Address disagreement or conflict directly and straightforwardly.
- Identify areas of agreement and builds consensus around them.
- Inspire and direct their team to greater skills and motivation
- Spot opportunities for strategic alliances with peers, staff, and superiors
- Become a visionary, innovative, and successful leader
- Identify their leadership strengths and weaknesses and the strengths and weaknesses of their staff
- Develop a leadership style that flexes to the person and situation
- Be a successful coach, mentor, and communicator
- Learn how to be a disciplined person
- Leadership skills
- Team building & management
- Communication skills
- Delegating & empowering
Unit 1: The Empowering Tools of Leadership: Motivating and Delegating:
- Identifying the important factors in motivation
- Appreciating how different theories of motivation can be applied to the work setting
- Tailor motivational efforts to individual employees and different situation
- Identify the benefits and the barriers to delegation
- Identify the different delegation styles and understand the guidelines for on how and when to use them
- Evaluate employees and situations and determine the appropriate delegation style
- The difference between doing, leading, and managing
Unit 2: The Attributes and Characteristics of Successful Leadership:
- Characteristics of highly effective leaders
- The difference between traditional and transformational leadership
- Using a flexible effective leadership styles
- Understanding a leadership mindset
- Effective leadership and emotional intelligence
- Practicing effective decision making
- How to build an effective, proactive team
Unit 3: Coaching for Top Quality Performance:
- Performance appraisals to performance management – manager’s self-evaluation
- Managerial barriers to effective performance appraisals
- How to assess an employee’s performance fairly – avoiding subjectivity and bias
- The benefits of on-going Performance Management
- Leadership/coaching behavior assessment
- Your leadership/coaching style – strengths and gaps
- Using performance management as a leadership strategy
Unit 4: How to Become an Environmental Change Agent:
- Defining a learning environment and its benefits
- Senge’s five learning disciplines
- Personal mastery – learning to expand our capacity to create the results we most desire
- Mental models – seeing how our internal pictures of the world shape our actions
- Shared vision – building a sense of commitment in a group
- Team learning – crating a thinking synergistic environment
- Systems thinking – a language for describing the forces that shape the behavior of systems
Unit 5: Building Effective Communication Skills:
- Identifying the importance of effective interpersonal communication for the leadership role
- Building trust and believability: behaviors vs. intentions
- Perception and communicating with others
- Self-concept and leadership success – strategies for improving self-concept
- Delivering clear, concise messages