“What you do not measure you cannot improve on”; every system however good on paper needs to be checked if it works in practice. How much more important is this need when what is at stake is not only money but human lives?
This Safety Audit and Site Inspection training course will cover the essentials of Audits. Delegates will learn that an Audit is about examining the systems within a company and verifying firstly that the systems actually do exist and secondly that these systems are within the legislative requirements. Within this essential training course, the focus will also be on methods of identifying gaps that should be filled and or improved upon.
- All Supervisors and Line Management who have assigned responsibilities within the organization’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- HSE Personnel
- Operations Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
- Staff involved in contractor work
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Define the sources of harmful acts.
- Understand and accept that safety is a function whereby everyone is responsible.
- Establish that accidental injuries are caused by unsafe acts, behavior, and conditions.
- Perform job safety analysis and give job safety instructions.
- Conduct an accident investigation and fill a meaningful accident report.
- Handle and react to various work accidents and emergencies.
- Conducting an effective Company and Contractors Safety Audits
- Appreciating the importance of pre-audit questionnaires
- Understanding the legal aspects of audits
- Improving the knowledge on safety issues
- Improving the skills in undertaking Site Inspections
Unit 1: Definitions and Overview:
- Accident, Safety, Health
- World Health Organization (WHO) and OSHA
- Threshold Limit Values
Unit 2: Industrial Hygiene:
- Types of Hazards
- Control Methods
- Accidents Costs and Reporting
Unit 3: Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Uses and Benefits
Unit 4: Accidents Investigation, Reporting, and Prevention:
- Causes of Accidents
- Effects and Costs of Accidents
Unit 5: Management of Health and Safety:
Unit 6: Proper Behavior in Case of an Accident:
- Types of Accidents
- First Aid
- Calling for Help
Unit 7: Safety Audit:
Unit 8: Ergonomics and Good Posture:
- Bad Habits
- Negative Effects