Security Officers are key personnel working in diverse settings and require a robust skill set and knowledge base to enhance personal and organizational performance. With the ever-changing global landscape, threats and security challenges evolve, necessitating a dynamic approach to security management.
Organizations must view security departments as something other than subordinate but vital to achieving their goals. Therefore, security officers need leadership skills to guide their teams, and individual officers must possess the necessary skills and expertise to implement successful security strategies.
This professional security officer development course is intended to equip participants with the skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform their duties to international standards and to adopt the current best practices in security. The course allows security professionals to develop crucial skills in managing conflict situations and implementing effective security solutions.
Through a curriculum focusing on technical security concepts such as roles and functions, risk assessment, legislation, health and safety, incident control, and crisis management, this professional security officer development course aims to empower participants to streamline security operations for increased efficiency and productivity.
Enhanced Security Officer Certification and Training Course
For those looking to become certified security officers or seeking security officer training near them, this program includes the facility security officer certification course, which provides essential knowledge for managing security in various facility types.
The professional security officer development course also aligns with the fundamental principles of the basic security officer course. It incorporates specialized training for those interested in becoming a health security officer or a safety and security officer, ensuring compliance with the Office of Health Safety and Security guidelines.
Participants who complete this comprehensive security officer training program will be well-prepared to join security officer organizations as highly competent professionals with professional security officer certification and advanced professional security training. This unique opportunity is perfect for individuals looking for or considering pursuing a particular security officer course to elevate their career in the security industry.
- Security Supervisors and Managers.
- HSSE and Fire Personnel.
- Facility or Building Managers.
Upon completing this professional security training, participants will be able to:
- Identify best practices and implement effective policies for leading security solutions.
- Operate within and effectively interact with a security function.
- Develop communication strategies to foster more productive interactions.
- Comprehend the roles and responsibilities of a Security Officer.
- Diffuse and manage conflict effectively.
- Recognize special risk considerations.
- Identify the components of an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).
By the end of this professional security officer development course, the target audience will be able to:
- Health and safety awareness
- Specialist security knowledge and awareness
- Preparation, planning, and risk assessment
- Recording keeping, post-incident reporting, problem-solving, and analytical thinking
- Conflict management and techniques for diffusing aggressive situations
- Effective communication and methods for team cooperation
Unit 1: Fundamental Security Officer Training
- The fundamental purpose and primary objectives of a security officer.
- Essential qualities of a security officer.
- Overview of assignment instructions.
- Assignment instructions.
- Function of control rooms.
- The importance of confidentiality in security operations.
- Security patrolling techniques.
- Perimeter security and access control mechanisms.
- Applications of security lighting.
Unit 2: Threats and Asset Protection
- Understanding the concept of loss and its implications.
- Critical point identification and its importance in security.
- Conducting risk analyses and security surveys.
- Implementing security measures based on survey outcomes.
Unit 3: Special Risks Associated with Security Work
- An overview of terrorism as a security challenge.
- Recognition of weapons and explosives.
- Pre-search consideration.
- Types of searches.
- Procedures following the discovery of a potential threat.
- Evacuation planning essentials.
- Composing effective threat warning reports.
Unit 4: Control, Restraint, and Legal Considerations
- The legal framework surrounding the use of control and restraint.
- Assessing impact factors.
- Reasonable response options.
- Recognizing offender behaviors.
- Associated warning signs.
- Identification of danger signs.
- Learning targeted striking techniques.
- Understanding target areas.
- Final target area.
- Best practices for use-of-force reporting.
- Understanding the risks of positional asphyxia.
Unit 5: Fire Prevention and Response
- Understanding the nature of fire.
- The three essential elements of fire.
- Classifications of fire and the appropriate response.
- Types and uses of fire extinguishers.
- Performing a fire risk assessment.