Oil, gas, and mining project finance involve substantial capital investment and lengthy lead times and pose a significant risk, necessitating shrewd financial management. The impacts of these projects reach beyond the companies involved to the countries and economies in which they operate.
This oil, gas, and mining project finance course is designed to sharpen the skills required to evaluate financial decisions, identify appropriate financing sources, and manage financial risks—including the volatility of oil and gas prices, as well as fluctuating mineral market prices. Participants will gain these competencies by engaging with finance case studies pertinent to their respective organizations.
For those particularly interested in oil and gas finance, the course offers a specialized module. This segment delves into the complexities of oil and gas project finance, offering participants an insight into bespoke financial instruments and strategies critical to the success of these ventures.
The oil, gas, and mining project finance course will also establish a platform for professionals to discuss the upcoming oil and gas finance conference, where the latest trends and networking opportunities with peers can further enhance their expertise.
- Projects and Process Managers.
- Technical Managers, Team Leaders, and Line Managers.
- Finance Managers and Professionals.
- Professionals at all levels are involved in Projects.
Participants in this oil and gas finance training course will:
- Recognize the unique characteristics and financial implications of oil, gas, and mining projects.
- Propose methods of financing specific to oil and gas financing, as well as mining projects.
- Assess the costs associated with finance for the oil and gas industry.
- Critically evaluate the financial and economic viability and sustainability of projects.
- Suggest strategies to enhance the company\'s financial standing.
At the end of this oil, gas, and mining project finance course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the oil, gas, and mining sectors with a focus on financial details relevant to projects in these industries.
- Learn about the best practices in investment appraisal specific to financing oil and gas as well as mining projects.
- Understand the analysis and evaluation of case studies tailored to participants\' roles and organizations.
- Familiar with contemporary international methods of financial management, analysis, and evaluation.
- Proficient in managing oil prices, gas prices, and mineral prices.
Unit 1: Oil, Gas, and Mining Projects
- Overview of oil, gas, and mineral resources and reserves.
- Explore the specific nature of financing oil and gas projects.
- Learn about the financial implications of projects in the oil, gas, and mining sectors.
- Understand market volatility: Oil, gas, and mineral prices.
- Discuss strategic issues facing the oil and gas finance industry.
- Finance natural resource projects with a diverse strategy suitable for oil and gas finance.
Unit 2: Financing the Project
- Identify primary sources of long-term and short-term finance.
- Learn about the breakdown of equity and debt financing in the context of oil and gas project finance.
- Understand the comparison between recourse and non-recourse finance.
- Deep dive into project finance for the oil and gas industry.
- Learn about the roles of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) and parties in project finance schemes related to oil and gas financing.
- Understand the utilization of bond guarantees and letters of credit within the sector.
Unit 3: Oil, Gas, and Mining Project Appraisal and Analysis
- Understand the techniques for selecting projects to align with organizational objectives.
- Forecast oil, gas, and mining cash flows (Income and costs) for financing oil and gas projects.
- Risk Identification from Projected Cash Flows.
- Learn about the computation of the cost of finance, WACC, CAPM, and arbitrage pricing in oil and gas finance.
- Employ capital investment appraisal techniques, Payback ARR, NPV, IRR, and more.
- Master of financial appraisal using advanced spreadsheet skills.
Unit 4: Project and Financial Risk Management
- Identification of risks: Understand the technical, logistical, environmental, economic, and financial risks associated with oil and gas financing.
- Understand the techniques for financial risk management and derivatives in the context of the oil, gas, and mining industry.
- Learn the application of sensitivity analysis and Monte Carlo simulation analysis in the financing oil and gas sector.
- Evaluate risks and uncertainties - Their probability and impact on finance for oil and gas.
- Learn about the strategies for managing Oil prices, gas prices, and mineral prices in the oil and gas finance course.
- Derivative Markets
Unit 5: Financial Evaluation of Oil, Gas, and Mining Projects
- Assess how projects meet government and organizational Objectives within the oil and gas finance industry.
- Learn about the evaluation of financial performance with metrics tailored to oil and gas project finance.
- Examination of Return on Equity (ROE), Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCRs), and Value for Money (VfM).
- Analysis of economic NPV and economic value explicitly added to financing oil and gas projects.
- Employ cost-benefit analysis and with contrasting finance V economic value added.
- Planning for meeting future needs with strategic financing solutions in Oil, Gas, and mining projects.