Health and Safety in the Workplace provides those in managerial and supervisory positions with appropriate knowledge and understanding of the issues involved. You will learn how to reduce costs and improve profits with effective safety management
Health and safety technology and procedures are very important aspects of health and safety management. However, on their own, these will not provide a continuous improvement in health and safety performance. It is necessary to have personnel with a sound understanding of the areas that can give rise to losses. The course covers all the basic areas of Safety in the Workplace such as Safety Management, Safety Culture, Workplace Equipment, Hazardous agents, and Legislation
Managers, supervisors and safety professionals who wish to improve their skills and competencies to be able to assume their safety responsibilities and effectively carry out their tasks safely in their organization
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Define the sources of harmful acts.
- Understand and accept that safety is a function whereby everyone is responsible.
- Establish that accidental injuries are caused by unsafe acts, behavior, and conditions.
- Perform job safety analysis and give job safety instructions.
- Conduct an accident investigation and fill a meaningful accident report.
- Handle and react to various work accidents and emergencies.
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Safety Legislation
- Health and Safety Culture
- Work Equipment Hazards and Control
- Hazardous Agents control
Unit 1: Definitions and Overview:
- Accident, Safety, Health
- World Health Organization (WHO) and OSHA
- Threshold Limit Values
Unit 2: Industrial Hygiene:
- Types of Hazards
- Control Methods
- Accidents Costs and Reporting
Unit 3: Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Uses and Benefits
Unit 4: Accidents Investigation, Reporting, and Prevention:
- Causes of Accidents
- Effects and Costs of Accidents
Unit 5: Management of Health and Safety:
Unit 6: Proper Behavior in Case of an Accident:
- Types of Accidents
- First Aid
- Calling for Help
Unit 7: Safety Audit:
Unit 8: Ergonomics and Good Posture:
- Bad Habits
- Negative Effects