This course covers boosting business and reputation online You will learn to create buzz and engage on all primary social media platforms. This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is suitable for communications
PR and Marketing Professionals at all levels whose role includes strategies and tactics for engagement with online social media on behalf of their organization.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Apply the principles and mechanisms of online PR and communications to create an online communication strategy for their organization.
- Engage stakeholders and execute powerful campaigns on Facebook, the dominant online social media platform.
- Create and manage a YouTube channel as a hub for video blogging, podcasting, and multimedia outreach.
- Optimize their online output for discovery in Google searches using the science of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Use Twitter and micro-blogging for intelligence, outreach, engagement, and crisis communication.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Social media platforms
- Crisis management
- PR Skills
- Marketing skills
- Communication skills
Unit 1: Social Media Strategy:
- Adopt best practice based on case studies of highly successful approaches to online communication
- Create an online communication strategy for your organization
- Design systems and processes to guide and enable your organization to engage in online social media
Unit 2: Social Media Management:
- Social media communications landscape
- Participatory PR
- Strategic implications and case studies
- A step-by-step guide to creating an online communication strategy
- Integrating online communication with business
Unit 3: Social Media Engagement:
- Mapping your online world: identifying the platforms and influencers that matter to you
- Systems, policies and processes, resources
- Defining social media roles and responsibilities
- Creating your own social media policy
- Reputational risk assessment
Unit 4: Content and Search Optimisation:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Link and keyword strategies
- Optimizing news releases and website content for social media and search
- Content strategies
Unit 5: Crisis Management in Social Media:
- Identifying platforms and approaches for online intervention and engagement
- Using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google in a crisis
- Creating strategies, policies, and systems enabling rapid decision-making and engagement
- Preparing online crisis resources: platforms and content ready to go live at a moment’s notice
- Messaging and positioning for online crisis communication.