Apply well-honed communication techniques to navigate common work challenges. This program incorporates skill practice, role-play activities and real-time feedback to help you take your communication skills to the next level. Using real-life scenarios in a supportive environment, you’ll practice communicating with authenticity and clarity as you choose the best way to communicate the message you want to convey. You’ll be challenged to step up and be seen—and analyze how you view and respond to people.
Professionals at all levels who need to be strong and effective communicators.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn how to build connections that foster trust and rapport.
- Build commitment, consensus, and collaboration throughout their organization.
- Tailor the communications to their target audience.
- Tap into the power of their communication style to get the results they want.
- Apply skills to connect and engage with audiences, whether in person or across a digital divide.
- Communication skills
- Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skill
Unit 1: 21st-century business communication
- Business communication: What is it?
- The Function of a Good Communicator
- Communication: Good vs. Bad
- Impact of Unprofessional Communication on Businesses
Unit 2: Communication and Behavior
- Behaviors Play a Part in Business Communication
- Passive Communication Style
- Communication with an aggressive tone and the significance of assertiveness
Unit 3: Business Communication Elements
- The Audience You Want to Reach
- The four categories of Universal Audience
- Written Expression
- Verbal Interaction
- Digital communication
Unit 4: Tools for Business Communication
- An Introduction to Business Communication Tools
- Analytics Resources
- Tools for Presentation
- Applying Business Communication Tools to Functional Tools
Unit 5: Building rapport
- Introduction to Rapport
- First Impressions and Body Language Connection before Communication
Unit 6: Assertive Listening
- Overview of Listening
- Empathetic listening: What is it?
- Guidelines for Assertive Listening
- Obstacles to Good Listening
- Abrupt Stops and Starts
Unit 7: Business Communication Techniques
- Finding a Problem
- Create a Solution
- Concept Transmission
- Having an Impact on a Group's Effectiveness
Unit 8: Tools for Business Communication
- Choosing a Channel of Communication
- Communication in the Formal and Informal
- Memos, email, and the intranet
- Press releases and online publications
- Public Affairs