Well designed and managed sales territories allow firms to maximize sales force capacity, provide a foundation for other sales performance management activities (including incentive compensation and quota design), and have a host of other benefits to sales forces. This course reviews territory management principles, while focusing on the essential analytical frameworks and practices associated with sound territory design.
- Sales Managers
- Sales Supervisors
- Key Account Managers
- Salespeople and other senior sales staff
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Analyze the process of sales planning and territory management.
- Practice the effective ways of setting goals, developing sales activities, and managing time effectively.
- Use relevant tools for route structuring and territory management.
- Apply the methods of effective territory management and strategic selling.
- Revise sales strategies and provide proper sales training for salesforce.
- Successfully choose, target, and manage a territory, maximizing growth and profit.
- Sales performance management
- Sales planning
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical foundations important to territory management
- Strategic selling skills
Unit 1: Overall Planning Process:
- Overview of Sales Management
- Activities Involved in Implementing a Sales Program
- Evaluation and Control of Sales Force Performance
- Supervisor Sales Training Program
Unit 2: Management of Self:
- Time Management Techniques for Sales Professionals
- Sales People Time Analysis
- Managing Your Time for Better Sales Results
- Corporate Training for Better Account Management
Unit 3: Territory Management:
- Generating New Accounts
- Computing the Cost per Call and Number of Calls Needed to Close a Sale
- ABC Account Classification and the Portfolio Model
- Designing Sales Territories Using Build-up and Breakdown Method
- Routing Patterns
Unit 4: SalesForce Structure and Organization:
- Generalist and Specialist Sales Forces
- Dividing the Salesforce
Unit 5: Strategic Selling:
- Buying Influences and Red Flags Identification
- Working the Sales Funnel
- How Sales People Think, Feel and Behave
- Establishing Control Systems
- Major Account Sales Strategy
- Discover their Sales Strengths
- Proactive Sales Management
- Advanced Selling Strategies
- Secrets of Great Sales Management