This highly engaging and practical Key Account Management training course will prepare all participants to manage key accounts effectively. Business is evolving rapidly, buyers are getting more sophisticated and technology is being deployed more than ever, creating additional buying channels and great opportunities for the modern Key Account Manager who wishes to maximize revenues and profits. Developments in technology, shifting markets, and increasing pressure on costs are changing the way organizations buy
- Account Managers
- Sales Managers
- Sales People who are managing Key Accounts or have limited experience in managing accounts customers in a Business to Business environment
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop a sales plan for each strategic (key) account to fully satisfy client needs and maximize customer value.
- Improve margins and keep more profit.
- Prioritize efforts for maximum results.
- Lead the buying process and close more sales.
- Maximize human capital utilization.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for business and relationship development.
- Accounts analysis
- Accounts planning
- Recognizing the stages of a key account relationship
- Identifying and developing potential in your key accounts
- Building and developing internal teams to help service key accounts
- Utilizing internal resources in a virtual team environment
Unit 1: Key Account Management:
- What is a Key Account?
- Who Makes the Rules for Qualifying Key Accounts?
- Overview of Key Account Management
- Business Perspectives and Trends
- Customer Expectations
- Profitable Growth Strategies
Unit 2: Account Analysis:
- Necessary Step Towards Defining and Selecting Key Account
- The Single-Factor Models
- The Portfolio Models
- The CALLPLAN Model
- Cost per Call and Break-Even Sales Volume Computation
- Selection Criteria and Measuring Attractiveness
- Use of Resources versus Cost to Serve
Unit 3: The Key Account Relational Development Model:
- The Pre Relationship Stage
- The Early Relationship Stage
- The Mid Relationship Stage
- The Partnership Relationship Stage
- The Synergetic Relationship Stage
Unit 4: The Account Planning Process:
- The Account Planning Process Criteria
- Analyze the Customer, Past Business, and Competition
- The Competitive Analysis Matrix
- The Customer Expectation Benchmark Matrix
- Developing Account Strategies
- Use of SWOT and TOWS Analysis
- Strategy Development Tools
Unit 5: The Critical Role of Key Account Managers:
- Understanding the Role and Responsibilities of KAMs
- Building and Leading Effective Key Account Teams
- Maximizing Sales through Effective Negotiation
- Negotiation Skills and Tactics
- Building Long-Term Customer Relationships and Trust
- Understanding the Importance of the Customer Service Function in KAM
- Relationship Selling: Rethinking the KA Sales Force
- Performance Challenges and Measurement Criteria