The IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.6.x Fundamentals course is hands-on and introduces the features and functionality that are available in IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.6.x. It provides the fundamental concepts and setup considerations of the various business areas that Maximo supports and, as a bonus section, the new Work Center functionality.
The course helps clients to make informed business decisions with the design and planning of their implementation. Consultants gain a foundation on which to build their product knowledge and skill set. The foundation also helps in working with clients to obtain optimal value from the product.
- System Administrators
- IT Administrators
- Maintenance personnel
- Procurement personnel
- Inventory personnel
- Asset Managers
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the Asset Management Lifecycle in Maximo
- Query and Retrieve Data
- Describe options available for various applications
- Describe and use the different Maximo applications and functions as they relate to business processes
- Enter core data elements and data structures
- Asset management
- Data configuration
- Purchasing and Inventory
- Planning & scheduling works
Unit 1: IBM Maximo Asset Management Overview:
- Overview of IBM Maximo Asset Management framework architecture
- Key elements and components
- Strategic asset management with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Implementation considerations and system configuration
- Integrations, reporting, and business processes.
Unit 2: Item Planning and Setup:
- Planning and setup of inventory items and asset configurations
- Applications to set up inventory items and asset configurations in Maximo
Unit 3: Assets:
- Creation of assets and how they are used in Maximo Asset Management
- The applications that can create assets, associate assets to people and locations
- Move assets between locations.
Unit 4: Work Management:
- Using Maximo for work management with the generation and processing of work orders to completion
- The New Work Centers that came available in Maximo 22.214.171.124.
- Work Centers are available
- The new Inspection Form tool.
Unit 5: Purchasing:
- Using Maximo for procurement
- Generating purchase requests
- Processing purchase requests
- Completing purchase requests
Unit 6: Developer and System Administration:
- Entering records into the database
- Overview of the different applications and setup options that are available with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Using applications that are primarily used for building (setting up) the database