This course will help you set up a Project Management Office (PMO) emphasizing supply chain PMO, tactical project management, and value management office. You'll learn how to maximize your PMO's effectiveness through various PMO models and provide optimum support to project managers while maintaining PMO governance models.
During the course, you will explore service management office organizational structure, program management support, PMO outsourcing, PMO managed services, and more. Gain insights into portfolio management, prioritizing project resources, PMO value, and organizational program management.
- Project Professionals
- Project Managers
- Project Management Office (PMO) Staff
- Project team members
- Senior Management
- All Professionals Involved in Working on or Managing Projects and Programs in an Organization
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Enhance project performance using contemporary tools, techniques, and PMO capabilities.
- Assess the best-fit structure for your Project Management Office (PMO), considering PMO types and organizational structure.
- Create an effective PMO, identify critical milestones, and implement relevant strategy phases.
- Use continuous improvement and LEAN techniques to drive your PMO, including type project management.
- Relate organizational strategy to project framework, including PMO governance template.
- Develop a business case outlining Project Management Office (PMO) challenges and opportunities.
- Evaluate and increase the project maturity level, understanding what PMO means.
- Establish project management methodology and governance, exploring camo project management.
- Assemble the PMO team and establish performance measurements.
- Discover the consulting role of PMO in knowledge management, including PMO services and capabilities.
- Strategy execution
Unit 1: The Strategic PMO:
- Critical roles of the PMO and PMO value
- Benefits of the PMO
- The link between strategy and projects, including PMO service offerings
- Aligning strategy with projects
- The strategy and projects framework, including the PMO org chart
Unit 2: PMO Business Case, Organization, Structure, and Functions:
- Portfolios, programs, and projects
- Developing a strong PMO business case, considering PMO outsourcing and PMO managed services.
- Organizational structure for projects, including PMO types and organizational structure
- Functions of the PMO
Unit 3: Maturity and the PMO:
- Defining maturity and capability, including project oversight, meaning
- Steps for increasing maturity level
- Baseline maturity assessment
- Project management health check
- Maturity gap analysis steps
- Organizational project management maturity model (PMI- OPM3)
Unit 4: PMO Planning, Preparation, and Strategy:
- Creating the PMO charter
- Objectives and milestones
- Using gap analysis to set milestones
- Implementation strategy phases
- Measuring success metrics, including PMO as a service
Unit 5: Establishing a Project Management Methodology and PMO Governance:
- Defining project methodology, including PMO capabilities
- Establishing methodology steps
- Elements of methodology
- Methodology quality dimensions
- Defining governance, including the PMO governance model
- Governance framework
Unit 6: Human Capital and The PMO:
- Critical issues in people management
- Staffing the PMO, considering PMO resources
- Competency identification
- Performance measurement and rewards
- Career paths and leadership development, including no PMO scenarios
- Best practices for people management in the PMO
Unit 7: Project Knowledge Management and The PMO:
- Critical success factors in knowledge management
- The knowledge management process, including PMO services and capabilities
- Project closeout and capturing lessons learned
- The knowledge gap in project management
- PMO as a community of practice
- Measuring and monitoring project performance