This five-day training course is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate and analyze challenges facing organizations and develop effective strategic plans to address them. The course will cover various methodologies, tools, and best practices for conducting evaluations, analyzing data, and formulating strategic plans. Participants will engage in practical exercises, case studies, and group discussions to enhance their understanding and application of the concepts taught.
- Senior Managers and Executives.
- Strategic Planning Professionals.
- Project Managers.
- Business Analysts.
- Nonprofit and NGO Leaders.
- Government Officials and Policymakers.
- Consultants and Advisors.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of evaluation and analysis in the strategic planning process.
- Develop skills to identify, assess, and prioritize challenges facing organizations.
- Learn various methods for conducting needs assessments.
- Gain proficiency in SWOT analysis and its application.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of strategic planning, including mission and vision development.
- Acquire the ability to set clear objectives and goals for strategic plans.
- Develop strategies and tactics to address organizational challenges.
- Explore techniques for resource allocation and effective implementation.
- Master monitoring and evaluation practices in strategic planning.
- Enhance the capacity for continuous improvement through post-implementation evaluation.
- Evaluation and Continuous Improvement.
- Implementation and Monitoring.
- Strategic Planning Fundamentals.
- Conducting Needs Assessments.
- Understanding Evaluation and Analysis.
Unit 1: Understanding Evaluation and Analysis:
- Introduction to the course and its objectives.
- The importance of evaluation and analysis in strategic planning.
- Types of challenges organizations face.
- Key principles of effective evaluation and analysis.
- Methods and techniques for data collection and analysis.
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
- Analyzing a real-world organizational challenge.
Unit 2: Conducting Needs Assessments:
- Understanding the concept of a needs assessment.
- Steps in conducting a needs assessment.
- Identifying stakeholders and their roles.
- Practical exercise: Conducting a needs assessment.
- Data collection methods for needs assessments.
- Analyzing and interpreting needs assessment data.
- Interpreting a needs assessment report.
Unit 3: Strategic Planning Fundamentals:
- Introduction to strategic planning.
- The strategic planning process.
- Setting clear objectives and goals.
- Case study: Developing a mission and vision statement.
- Identifying strategic priorities.
- Developing strategies and tactics.
- Monitoring and evaluation in strategic planning.
- Creating a strategic plan outline.
Unit 4: Implementation and Monitoring:
- Implementing a strategic plan.
- Allocating resources and responsibilities.
- Communicating the plan to stakeholders.
- Case study: Overcoming implementation challenges.
- Monitoring and tracking progress.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks.
- Making adjustments and adaptations.
- Monitoring a fictional strategic plan.
Unit 5: Evaluation and Continuous Improvement:
- The importance of evaluation in the strategic planning cycle.
- Types of evaluation: Formative and summative.
- Conducting a post-implementation evaluation.
- Developing an evaluation plan.
- Analyzing evaluation results.
- Lessons learned and best practices.
- Continuous improvement in strategic planning.
- Refining a strategic plan based on evaluation findings.