This course presents principles and practices for individuals who plan and organize events, meetings, conferences, or conventions. By gaining a clear understanding of the event planning process, developing management skills, and getting familiar with the best practices in the event industry, participants will be better prepared to run their event or conference. This course will also cover event planning tools to manage time, space, money, human resources, information, materials, and problems that may arise through the event planning process.
- PR Managers.
- PR Professionals.
- Marketing Professionals.
- Professionals involved in the planning or management of events, exhibitions and conferences.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the types of events and conferences to execute a more effective plan
- Organize, assess and motivate various committees involved in managing events and conferences
- Promote their events and conferences by planning and setting a step by step promotional plan
- Explain the various functions for managing events and conferences
- Prepare and control the financial aspects of a conference
- Plan and organize different kinds of exhibitions
- Examine all activities to evaluate them and to follow up on the events
- Control and supervise the different scientific and social activities in the event or conference.
- Prepare the estimated budget for the conference.
- Plan and organize different kinds of exhibitions.
- Following Up and Evaluation of Conference and Events Activities.
- Organizing Exhibitions.
- The Financial Aspects of The Conference.
- The Different Functions for Managing Events and Conferences.
- Promotional Activities for Events and Conferences.
- Organization of The Event or Conference.
- Events and Conferences Planning.
Unit 1: Events and Conferences Planning:
- Definition of events and conferences
- Types of events and conferences
- Aim of a conference
- Importance and concepts
- Collecting information needed in planning
- Setting smart objectives
- Preparing the event plan with detailed activities and schedules
- Selecting the venue and agreeing on the site of the event or conference
Unit 2: Organization of The Event or Conference:
- Choosing human resources for the management of the event or conference
- Forming different specialized committees
- Training and motivating the teams in charge of managing the event or conference
Unit 3: Promotional Activities for Events and Conferences:
- Marketing the conference
- Factors attracting participants
- Promotion and advertisement of events or conferences
- Steps needed for the promotion and marketing of the event or conference
- Setting a plan for the promotion of events and conferences
Unit 4: The Different Functions for Managing Events and Conferences:
- The official airline carrier
- Arrangements for accommodation
- Conference registration process
- Social programs
- Public relations and media
Unit 5: The Financial Aspects of The Conference:
- Preparing the conference budget
- Fixed expenses
- Variable expenses
- Conference revenues
- Determining the registration fees
- The financial committee
Unit 6: Organizing Exhibitions:
- Importance of exhibitions in conferences
- Goods and services in a conference
- Pricing policy in exhibitions
- Application for an exhibition
- Promoting the exhibition
- Managing exhibitions
- Criteria for selecting exhibitors
- Contacting exhibitors
Unit 7: Following Up and Evaluation of Conference and Events Activities:
- Monitoring the event or conference activities
- 'SMART' objectives
- Key factors in the assessment
- Benefits of follow up
- The coordination and follow up committee
- Follow up and evaluation