Implementing a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1's standards has several advantages. The standard includes practices that have been shown to be helpful in the service management industry, the requirements stated in clauses 4-10 allow the organization to establish a structured approach to manage service provision activities and deliver value to its customers, and the standard allows the organization to establish a baseline upon which it can improve. The management system is based on ISO's high-level structure (HLS), which allows an easier integration with existing management systems.
The training program aims to provide participants a thorough grasp of ISO/IEC 20000-1 standards as well as best practices and methods for setting up and maintaining the service management system.
You are able to take the exam after attending the training session. You can apply for the "PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer" certification if you pass the exam. The "PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer" credential, which is internationally recognized, attests to your professional talents and expertise in implementing an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1 criteria.
Get a thorough grasp of the ideas, strategies, tactics, and procedures employed in the implementation and efficient administration of an SMS.
Recognize the relationship between ISO/IEC 2000-01, the ISO/IEC 20000 family of standards, and other ISO standards.
Get the capacity to comprehend ISO/IEC 20000-1 standards in the unique context of a company.
Get the information and skills required to assist a company in efficiently developing, deploying, administering, monitoring, and maintaining an SMS
Get the knowledge necessary to assist a company in putting SMS best practices into effect.
- Managers or consultants concerned with and engaged in a service management system deployment in an organization
- Management and staff wishing to assist their company in delivering value and fulfilling service obligations
- Project managers, consultants, or knowledgeable advisors who are trying to build a service management system in compliance with ISO/IEC 20000-1 specifications.
- Those in charge of ensuring that a business complies with ISO/IEC 20000-1 standards
- Team members who deploy SMS
Unit 1: Overview of Information Technology Service Management ISO 20000 (ITSM)
- Business case and initial design of the ITSMS
- Scope of ITSMS
- IT Service Management
- Benefits & Importance
- ITSMS policy
- Documentation of process and procedures
- Define management systems and process approach
- Principles of Information Technology
- Preliminary analysis and determining the level of existing information technology
- Develop a project plan
- Accounting the IT services; accounting and budgeting
Unit 2: Introduction and Background to ISO/IEC 20000
- What Is ISO/IEC 20000?
- Benefits of ISO/IEC 20000
- ISO/IEC 20000 – parts
- ISO/IEC 20000: 2018
- Key differences - ISO 20000 & ITIL®
- ITIL® life cycles
- Clauses ISO/IEC 20000: 2018
Unit 3: Service Management System (SMS)
- Management responsibility
- Governance of processes operated by other parties
- Document management
- Establish and improve the SMS
- Resource management
Unit 4: Introduction to Auditing
- Define auditing
- Types of audit
- Audit terminology
- Benefits of auditing
Unit 5: Auditing Roles and Principles
- Auditor, Auditee
- Audit team
- Guides and observers
- Lead auditor
- Audit management
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Evidence-based approach
- Fair presentation of audit reports
Unit 6: Responsibilities of the Auditor
- Management of personnel
- Preparation checklists
- Scope of work
- Managing audit programs
- Communication at all levels of the organization
- Skills and Competencies of an Internal Auditor