Performing Arts Event Management requires creative instinct with practical know-how. The role is to facilitate and manage the event for people at all levels from performers to investors. Through this course, we aim for you to have the business skills required to help a creative flow in the right direction.
This course is designed to polish the skills of an event management personnel to cover a wide spectrum whether organizing Performing Arts Event as a small community theatre group or a major opera house.
- Understand factors that define a performing arts event.
- Know the impact financial and legislative requirements have on performing arts events.
- Be able to manage, monitor and evaluate a performing arts event.
Unit 1: What Is Event Logistics?
- Presentation Technology
Unit 2: The Essentials of Performing Arts Event Management
- Deciding a Theme
- Defining the budget
- Event management team
- Defining the event timeline
- Onboarding speakers/performers and sponsors
- Developing the event website and other digital properties
- Building a contingency plan
- Culmination and Control
Unit 3: Event Logistics Best Practices
- Communicate Duties and Requirements Clearly
- Plan the Event Budget Meticulously
- Event technology and infrastructure
- Marketing and advertising
- Supplier costs
- Creative Experiential Aspect
Unit 4: Day-of-event logistics tools
- Check-in software
- Management tools for special dietary restrictions
- Communication devices
- Test all equipment to avoid technical issues
- Conduct a final training session with volunteers and staff
- Backup plans
Unit 5: Post-event logistics tools:
- Post-event survey
- Event planning notes