You can apply the skills you learn from examining actual project budgets at your NGO. At the conclusion of the four weeks, we will compile and provide a helpful summary of all advised NGO budgeting methods.
When you get back to work, you'll understand why creating accurate, comprehensive, and justified budgets is essential for efficient program management. Additionally, you will comprehend the significance of program and finance teams collaborating to create and oversee NGO budgets.
- Complete an activity-based budgeting-based project budget that is accurate, complete, and justified.
- Create budgets in various donor formats to go with funding requests
- Make incremental budgets for implementing the program.
- Describe the budgeting and budget management processes that the Chart of Accounts supports.
- Manage programs with financing from several donors by using a funding grid.
- Describe at least 10 different budget kinds and 3 different budget-setting strategies.
- Employees of humanitarian organizations (field coordinators, administrative/financial support staff, etc.) who must manage finances or organize initiatives.
- administration of NGOs.
- Those in charge of starting charitable organizations or projects that need to plan their finances.
- Project managers and other NGO personnel with an interest in budgeting and financial planning.
Unit 1: Learn about some important financial planning principles and ideas.
- Financial Preparation
- Planning your finances: Setting the stage
- Your previous experience with budgeting
- The Accounts Chart
Unit 2: An introduction to budgeting based on activities.
- Practice using the Project Breakdown Sheet and the Budget Worksheet, two important tools.
- Budgeting based on activities
- Activity-based budgeting: Methods and Resources
- The Project Breakdown Sheet's compilation
- Examining and Representing the Budget
Unit 3: Establish a phased budget, learn how.
- Think about the indirect cost budgeting process.
- Consolidated Budget, Phased Budget, and Full Cost Recovery
- Costing the entire project
- A Phased Budget from the Consolidated Budget
Unit 4: Learn about donor-format budgets and cash flow predictions.
- Also take into account program management alternatives for multi-donor supported programs.
- Program Management Budgets
- The anticipated cash flows
- Creating a Budget in Donor Format
- Financial Grid