Coiled tubing (CT) has many programs within the petroleum industry, which encompass drilling (CT drilling), cementing, wellbore cleanup, oxidizing, and hydraulic fracturing. In contrast, the immoderate friction stress loss, because of the noticeably small tubing diameter and tubing curvature (which is assumed to be secondary to the drift) of CT, regularly limits the most available fluid injection rates. Therefore, it's of realistic significance to research the drift regularity and friction homes in CT
Engineers, Senior Operations Personnel, and Company Representatives with zero-to-intermediate well intervention knowledge who are assigned to evaluate, plan, and/or execute coiled tubing, slickline, or wireline interventions.
- Plan, design, control and execute interventions for Coiled Tubing
- Enhance operational overall performance for the duration of interventions for Coiled Tubing
- Explain the encouraged system for diverse Coiled Tubing discipline situations and packages
- Discuss the right stress management system for any unique situation
- Learn approximately the maximum normally used downhill gear and give an explanation for its characteristics
- Understand a way to calculate and outline string limits for Coiled Tubing
- Learn a way to paintings accurately with liquid nitrogen
Unit 1: Background
- Coiled tubing technology historical improvement
- CT package components, operational procedures and limitation,well control principles
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Hydraulic applications that involve circulation of fluids.
- Mechanical services that involve the downhole conveyance of required tools or equipment.
- Electrical services that employ downhole tools which are powered by or transmit through an electrical cable.
- Completions; permanent applications with coiled tubing installed either as the producing conduit or part of it for flow control or other requirements (e.g. ESP conveyance).
Unit 2: Pumping services
- Fluid displacement (nitrogen lifting)
- Reservoir/well improvement (acid washing/stimulation)
- Acid washing
- Acid stimulation (matrix acidizing)
- Fill cleanouts (sand removal/pressure jetting)
- High pressure jetting
- Remedial/abandonment (sand consolidation/cementing)
- Chemical sand consolidation
Unit 3: Work string
- Underreaming (within cased hole)
- Coiled tubing slickline operations
Unit 4: Stiff wireline
- Downhole video camera
Unit 5: Completions
- Production and velocity strings
- Production strings
- Injection strings
- Tubing patches