This course focuses on a comprehensive understanding of onshore and offshore Oil & Gas field processing techniques, along with knowledge of technology and operating principles of surface production facilities equipment. The course aims to provide an overview and fundamental understanding of the wide range of oilfield production handling and treatment equipment will be presented as well as new technologies.
The course aims to provide an overview and fundamental understanding of the wide range of oilfield production handling and treatment equipment will be presented as well as new technologies.
- Chemical, Mechanical engineers and Process Technologists
- Facility and Inspection engineers
- Maintenance or Project Engineers
- Operations and Laboratory Chemists
- Technicians, Support Engineers, and Engineering Trainees
- Consultants and Sales Professionals
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn the origins and chemical characteristics of Oil & Gas
- Understand the challenges associated with offshore operations, horizontal drilling and other safety concerns
- Familiarize the participants with various methods and techniques used to explore, drill, produce, treat and transport Oil, Gas and their products
- Introduce the participants to upstream, midstream and downstream operations
- Appreciate Oil & Natural Gas treatment technologies and processes including produced water treatment
- Learn the many processes involved in crude oil refining and how these contribute to refinery complexity and profitability
- Gain valuable knowledge of Gas Sweetening and Physical Solvents Unit Troubleshooting
- Exploration activities
- Gathering and separation
- Gas injection
- Hydrates, and Gas Dehydration
- Specifications and process selection
- Downstream Operations
- Oil and Gas pricing
Unit 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF RESERVOIR & DRIVE MECHANISM
- Reservoir types
- exploration techniques.
- Drive mechanisms.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
Unit 2: FUNDAMENTALS OF DRILLING, COMPLETION & WELL PERFORMANCE
- Drilling principle.
- Offshore drilling.
- Main completion equipment.
- Principle of artificial lift
Unit 3: WELL EFFLUENT TRANSPORTATION, FLOW-ASSURANCE & GAS HYDRATES PREVENTION
- Network design and operation
- Main flow assurance multiphase flow, flow patterns
- Hydrates formation prevention strategies, hydrates inhibition
- Gas condensate field development; deep-offshore production
Unit 4: CRUDE OIL PROCESSING
- Multi Stage Separation (MSS).
- Management of foam issues.
- Crude dehydration and desalting.
- Emulsion treatment.
- Crude sweetening (H2S removal).
Unit 5: PRODUCTION & INJECTION WATER TREATMENT
- Quality requirements for production water.
- Environment related constraints.
- API oil-water separators, plate separators, flotators, hydrocyclones.
- Reasons for water injection.
- Quality requirements and necessary treatments.
Unit 6: OFFSHORE DEVELOPMENTS
- Offshore production structures
- Storage and offloading vessels
- Flow assurance
- preservation techniques and pigging solutions
Unit 7: FUNDAMENTALS OF CORROSION
- Types of corrosion
- Prevention and Monitoring
Unit 8: ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS - INSTRUMENTATION & PROCESS CONTROL - SAFETY SYSTEMS
- Electrical power generation.
- Electrical power distribution network and equipment.
- Field instrumentation; controllers; control loop structures.
- Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS): ESD, HIPS, fire and gas system.
Unit 9: METERING & ALLOCATION
- Metering and production allocation.
- Production accounting & material balance.
- Transactional metering of liquids and gas.
- Multi-phase metering: advantage, principle and fields of application.