The program is designed as an integrated series of lectures and case studies to provide an understanding of the concept of achieving construction, procedure, and implementation of projects to meet the ever-changing needs of clients. It is designed to prepare participants to think systematically while managing the construction projects, their’ procedures, and implementation, by giving hands-on training. Participants will also be able to understand the relationships between hard and soft skills required from conceptualization of the project to running day-to-day implementation.
- Construction companies management.
- Team leaders
- Employees who want to get new experience and knowledge to improve their career in construction companies.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Tackle the areas related to problem-solving, decision making, communication skills, and managing stress at work.
- Improve the participants’ competencies and know-how in matters related to decision-making and communication styles.
- Have a better understanding and appreciation of how to communicate and manage daily stress and problems with employees
- Communicate their vision in refreshing and engaging ways
- Explore the outer limits of group creativity
- Identify opportunities for new kinds of thinking
- Create and communicate a compelling vision
Unit 1: Decision Making and Thinking:
- Conceptual Framework of Thinking Skills and Decision Making.
- Divergent and Convergent Thinking in Decision Making.
- Critical Constructive Thinking in Decision Making.
Unit 2: Leadership Management:
- Leadership and Teamwork in Practice
- Project Success and Failures
- Case Studies: Decision and Policy Making
- Project Management Fundamentals and Practice
Unit 3: Construction Management Implementation – Putting it Together:
- Mitigation of Project Delay
- Knowledge Management and Project Learning in Projects
- Knowledge Management and Project Learning in Projects (cont’d)
- Project Learning and a Case Study: An International Construction
- Summary of the program & Certificate distribution
Unit 4: Creative Problem Solving Skills:
- Defining the concept of problem-solving skills.
- Explaining the importance of resolving problems in enterprises.
- Describing the behavioral and analytical process of problem-solving skills.
- Providing some explanation about problem-solving competency framework.
- Dealing with different types of problems faced in the workplace.
- Providing some valuable tips and recommendations related to that subject.
Unit 5: Effective Decision Making:
- Defining the concept of decision-making and its whole process.
- Explaining the importance of decision-making in effectively managing enterprises.
- Describing the behavioral and analytical process of decision making.
- Providing some explanation about the decision-making competency framework.
- Managing conflicts through effective decision-making approaches.
- Increasing understanding of others.
Unit 6: Clarifying the Concept & Types of Communication:
- Briefing about the foundation of communication.
- Highlighting the functions & principles of communication.
- Defining the means of communication.
- Identifying the types of communication.
- Explaining the communication process.
- Building trust & respect among staff.
- Developing good & healthy relationships.
Unit 7: Managing Stress at Work:
- Defining the concept of stress and its impact on the human body.
- Explaining the factors coming from work pressure.
- Discussing the good stress v/s bad stress.
- Managing stress conditions.
- Working to decrease stress levels in your body.
- Creating an environment that is healthy and ensures mental & physical well-being.