This course will provide you with the information and guidance to design and define job roles and key accountabilities of each job to support your organization's structure and business goals.
- Human Resources professionals.
- Managers, Supervisors, and Team leaders.
- Human Resources Staff.
- Employees in all departments.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Main Uses of Job Descriptions.
- The Linkage of Evaluation to Compensation.
- How is Job Evaluation Relevant to Compensation?.
- An Overview of the Job Evaluation Process.
- Why Are Job Descriptions Important to Job Evaluation?.
- Some Questions on Job Analysis.
- Responsibilities – Job Descriptions.
- Job Description Terminology.
- Job Analysis Part 1 – Purpose and Methods.
- Job Analysis Part 2 – Information and Approach.
- Job Descriptions.
- Competency-Based Job Descriptions.
Unit 1:Job Analysis Part 1 – Purpose and Methods:
- Uses of Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Methods
- How Information Requirements Determine the Method
- Job Analysis Forms – The ICTD Form Explained
Unit 2: Job Analysis Part 2 – Information and Approach:
- Sources of Information on Jobs
- Issues to Consider in Job Analysis
- Job Analysis Interviews
- Preparing for the Job Analysis Interview
- Job Analysis Guidelines
- Suggestions for Carrying Out a Job Analysis Interview
- The Dos and Don’ts of Job Analysis
- Practical – Demonstrating the Job Analysis Interview
- Practical – Carrying Out the Job Analysis Interview
- Feedback and Recap On Job Analysis
Unit 3: Job Descriptions:
- Overview and Uses
- Job Description Components
- The Difference between Authority and Responsibility
- Job Description Guidelines
- Content Determined by Purpose
- A ICTD Job Description Form Explained
- Practical – Writing Job Descriptions
- A Glossary of Terms Used
- Tools and Checklists
- Sample Job Descriptions
- Maintenance of Job Descriptions
Unit 4: Competency-Based Job Descriptions:
- Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Types of Skill-Based Job Descriptions
- Definition of a Competency
- Competency-Based Job Descriptions
- Identifying Critical Competencies