This comprehensive petroleum training course recognizes the need for professionals to have a comprehensive and broad understanding of the Petroleum Industry from upstream to downstream.
Oil and gas are the world's most important energy resources driving the global economy. The processes and systems required for oil and gas production, refining, and distribution are highly complex, capital-intensive and require state-of-the-art technology.
This training course will serve as an introduction to the petroleum industry and will greatly assist those who need to progress to a detailed knowledge of the industry
- New members to the oil industry and staff from integrated functions such as supply, trading, logistics, and crude marketing.
- Professional personnel needs an understanding of this sector, such as legal contracts, pricing, refining, markets, and risk management.
- Mechanical Engineers
- Safety and Inspection Engineers
- Operations, Maintenance, or Project Engineers
- Anyone requiring a broad understanding of the structure, operations, and economics of the oil and gas industries
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify key process operations related to the exploration & production of upstream industry feedstock
- Analyze the key process operations related to refining and production of downstream products
- Recognize the total spectrum of the oil and gas industry and the challenges faced
- Develop skills to assist in the evaluation of corporate opportunities
- Understand the structure of the oil and gas business
- Details of oil & gas processing including exploration, refining, storage transportation and retailing
- Understanding of the value chain from the well to the consumer
- Understanding of the fundamental technologies of both upstream and downstream oil & gas industries
- Understanding of the ways the oil & gas industries are organized to operate effectively and efficiently
- Develop the necessary skills to evaluate and make effective decisions related to the oil & gas industry
Unit 1: Crude and products value:
- Crude and products value
- Calculation of gross product worth and netback
- General understanding of crude and products quality
- Tanker freight & World scale
- Logistics of crude such as Vessel chartering
- Crude contract terms and conditions
- International Crude pricing
- How to value crude oil based on product market prices
- Crude oil markets
Unit 2: World Energy Markets:
- Pipeline geopolitics
- OPEC Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
- EIA Energy Information Administration
- Statistical review of petroleum consumption and supply
- Distribution transmission and transportation
- Tank farms and storage
Unit 3: Refinery Operations:
- Physical separation - Distillation
- Refinery Complexity
- Refining margins
Unit 4: Gas Processing:
- Sulfur Recovery
- Gas compression & Liquefaction
- How is gas processed?
- What is a gas processing facility?
- What are the three objectives of gas processing?
- What is the process of refining natural gas?
Unit 5: Oil and Gas Management:
- Cost estimation of oil and gas facilities
- Crude Benchmarks & price estimation
- Derivatives - Futures, Options, and Swaps
- Climate Change & Renewable Energy