Engineers performing on medium to large construction projects still face mounting challenges within the delivery of their projects. The rapid impact of globalization has placed even stricter demands on project delivery time, cost and quality.
Knowledgeable project executives recognize that a serious ingredient for project success is the active administration of construction processes. it's therefore essential to possess a working understanding of project planning, estimating, scheduling, and execution control procedures.
Virtual Construction projects often encounter costly claims which delay projects and cause owners and contractors to incur damages. Understanding Construction learning service Administration and claims avoidance go an extended way toward achieving sound projects.
- Practicing Building Construction Inspectors.
- Project Engineers.
- NDE Lab Personnel.
- Technicians and Technologists involved with building construction.
- Contractors and Building Owners.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn how to measure construction project progress.
- Discover the importance of accurate record-keeping.
- How to effectively administer construction projects at the site.
- Learn methods to improve control of construction projects from preconstruction through project close-out.
- Learn how to keep construction projects on schedule and within budget.
- Avoid claims through effective communication.
- Find out how information technology can be used to achieve project success.
- Introduction To Construction Administration.
- Project Planning, Estimating, And Scheduling.
- Proactive Project Control.
- Project Acceleration And Construction Claims Avoidance.
- Advanced Project Management Tools.
Unit 1: Introduction To Construction Administration:
- What Is A Project?
- What Is Project Management?
- Project Stakeholders
- Leadership, Responsibility, And Authority
- Management Styles
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Safety
- Project Delivery Systems
Unit 2: Project Planning, Estimating, And Scheduling:
- Estimating Duration Assessment
- Planning And Scheduling Methods
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Resource Allocation Methods
- Time-cost Trade-off
- Lead / Lag
- Critical Chain Scheduling
Unit 3: Proactive Project Control:
- Development Of Project Baselines
- Earned Value Control Process
- Project Variance Analysis And Quantification
- Schedule Performance Index Spi) And Cost Performance Index CPI Analysis
Unit 4: Project Acceleration And Construction Claims Avoidance:
- Circumstances Requiring Project Acceleration
- Options For Accelerating The Schedule
- Crashing The Schedule – How?
- Construction Claims Avoidance
- Changes And Extra Work
- Claims And Disputes: Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Team Development And Motivation
- Management Styles And Conflict Handling
Unit 5: Advanced Project Management Tools:
- Project Software
- Building Information Modeling
- Lean Project Management