With the accelerating change of the twenty-first century, time management skills are at the top of the personal development tool kit. Know where you're going? What do you want from work and life? Concerned how time slips through your fingers and another day, week, month, year goes by without achieving all your goals?
This course will help you asses your present situation, in terms of work and personal life. It will enable you to manage yourself more efficiently within your own time constraints and show you how to better organize and priorities your work/life tasks.
- All the staff among all the levels.
- Persons who want to enhance their professional and personal life.
- Employees who want to get important skills to improve their profile.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Explain why managing time really matters to our work and health, in our changing world
- Identify tasks that should be: completed in relation to their key objectives and managed away.
- Analyze situations that hinder their performance and identify techniques to overcome them.
- Use simple frameworks for planning, including allocating and managing priorities, scheduling work, working proactively and reactively and project planning.
- Set, monitor and measure the success of objectives.
- Analyze their own strengths and development needs and prepare a personal development plan for the next twelve months.
- Identify and implement techniques to manage themselves more effectively under the constraints of today's busy lifestyles.
- Involves others (e.g., cross-functional peers or units) in suitable activities and stages.
- Establishes specific action planning
- Time management
- Delegating skills
- Pressure management
- Analyzing personalities
Unit 1: Work Planning and Project Management:
- Work management methods diagnostic
- Pressures on work plans - time, quality, cost
- The planning process
- Planning work in progress
- Analyzing and managing risk
- Contingency planning
- Problem-solving techniques
Unit 2: Practical Techniques for Managing Time Wasters:
- Managing paperwork, real and virtual
- Managing travel
- Managing meetings
- Making the best use of the phone.
- Using the diary - the key time management tool.
- Managing Interruptions
Unit 3: Making It All Work:
- Work planning practical
- Testing your plan
- Analyzing your strengths and needs
- Developing your personal development plan