As a result of the growth and development of the industrial investment environment, intense competition and factors of uncertainty, the occurrence of various disasters and crises that may threaten the stability of these institutions is increased, and therefore it is necessary to be prepared in advance and early predict the factors of crises and disasters, by developing plans, scenarios, and preparations to deal with the various crises and disasters expected to occur in the institution by forming a specialized unit for crisis and disaster management in the institution so that it is an administrative unit that has its own entity and responsibilities in administrative organization and includes a distinguished and well trained team for crisis and disaster management, and a crisis is a defect that affects materially and morally the institution’s system, as it threatens the main assumptions on which the system is based and the disaster is the situation that actually occurred and led to the destruction and massive losses of human and material resources and their causes, and they are either natural or human, and are usually not preceded by a warning, and require taking extraordinary measures to return to a state of stability, and the disaster may lead to what is called a crisis, and vice versa crises may lead to disasters if appropriate decisions and measures are not taken to confront them.
- Security Managers.
- Enterprise Security Officials.
- Crisis Management Teams.
- Scenario Preparation Teams.
- Emergency Teams.
- Persons interested in studying crisis management, and who need to develop their skills and experience
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Realize the contemporary management concepts, and the challenges in the administrative environment.
- Understand the factors, causes, and stages that lead to crises.
- Use safety and risk management & control strategies.
- Manage crises and major disasters and cope with strategies and priorities.
- Realize the standards and requirements of escape routes and the policies of partial evacuation and total evacuation in emergencies.
- Understand the advanced technology in early warning and extinguishing for rapid control.
- know and understand the modern uses of environmentally friendly firefighting gases.
- Acquire human and behavioral skills for crisis management teams.
- Realize of US Department of Labor's safety standards for fire control.
- Gain the ability to plan and respond to various emergencies in facilities of an unusual nature.
- Draw surprising scenarios according to the events progress.
- Use of the best-advanced practices in preventive safety, performance, and response to crises and disasters.
- Crisis and disaster management in high-risk environments.
- Strategic planning for crisis and disaster management.
- Crisis Management.
- Leader's moves in crisis management.
- Building scenarios, and security crisis management strategies.
Unit 1: Crisis and Disaster Management in High-risk Environments:
- The concept and components of the crisis
- The concept of disaster, its causes - and its repercussions
- Conflict - problem - accident
- Comparison between crises and disasters
- The stages of the security crises development
- The reasons of security crises
- The nature of crises facing institutions
Unit 2: Strategic Planning for Crisis and Disaster Management:
- Basic concepts of the security management
- Introduction to strategic planning
- Sign warning of the crisis occurrence
- Concepts and types of security crises
- Concepts of crisis management planning
- Characters and stages of crises
- Effects of security crises
- Crisis Management Strategies
- Command and control centers for crisis management
- Readiness for the crisis management team
Unit 3: Crisis Management:
- Stages of managing the security crisis
- Crisis Management Strategy
- Pre-disaster scenarios
- Planning processes for crisis and disaster management
- Developing scenarios during disaster/crisis
- Crisis and disaster response implementation plan
- Duties and tasks of the security crisis management team
- Notes on the evacuation plan in cases of disasters and crises
- Recovery, reactivation, and posture redeployment
Unit 4: Leader's Moves in Crisis Management:
- Build a crisis team
- Setting goals in times of crisis
- Time planning during crises
- Morale increasing during crises
- Creativity and innovation in stressful situations
- Problem-solving during crises
- Change at a time of security crises
- Position restoring and returning to activity
Unit 5: Building Scenarios and Security Crisis Management Strategies:
- Concept of the security scenario
- The importance of security scenarios developing
- Scenario elements - scenarios types and objectives
- Building scenario in security crises
- The nature of the individuals involved in implementing the scenarios
- The Containment Method - The Crisis Escalation Method
- How to empty the crisis of its content
- Methods of crises fragmentation
- Crisis self-destructing and detonating
- Restrain and transform the course of the crisis