We all face obstacles, resistance, and doubts as we go through our personal and professional lives. Moreover, it also seems that the bigger the goal, the more hurdles crop up along the way. Some fold under pressure, but many others don’t; they thrive in difficult conditions, and develop the resolve to “soldier on” until they achieve their goals. They leverage their opportunities while overcoming risks, random setbacks, and active opposition. This course provides essential tools and techniques to master your destiny, improve your resilience and motivation, and build mental toughness you need to achieve your goals.
- Executives and Managers in all types of organizations, functions, and levels
- Leaders and influencers in all areas, including government and non-profits
- All HRM Professionals
- Professionals in all fields of endeavor
- Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
- Artists, Writers, Trainers, Inventors, Scientists, and anyone else working as creators and innovators
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop their goals and the strategies with specific plans to achieve them
- Identify and manage the risks and opportunities on their path to achievement, contentment, and satisfaction
- Create a personal support and resource system and a network of allies
- Find and promote the inner strength and resolve to overcome obstacles, setbacks, opposition, and resistance (theirs and others)
- Identify and apply selected methods to thrive in the face of rapid change, risk and uncertainty to achieve their goals, whatever these may be
- What Resilience Is, Why it’s important, and Why we all need it?
- How to Get Beyond Mere Coping and Survival, and Start Thriving
- Creating a Purpose with Objectives and Plans to Achieve It
- Specific Tools and Techniques to Identify and Manage Personal Risks and Opportunities
- Identifying and Overcoming Obstacles and Resistance (yours and others)
Unit 1: Introduction:
- Recognizing common mental health issues
- Determinants/causes of mental health issues
- How do you know if someone is experiencing an issue?
- Getting help and helping others
- What does not help?
- Limitations of your role
Unit 2: The Big Picture:
- The Nature, History, and Philosophy of Resilience
- Inner Strength: The Psychology of Resilience and Motivation
- The Basic Toolkit: Resourcefulness and Inner Strength
- Finding Purpose, Setting Goals, Creating Plans
- Mitigating and Avoiding Threats and Risks: Managing Vulnerabilities, Random Setbacks, Obstacles, Resistance, and Opposition
- Leveraging and Enhancing Opportunities: Strategy and Positioning, Strengths, Alliances, Supporters, and Multipliers
Unit 3: Life as Adventure:
- The Circle of Life: Understanding and Appreciating Life’s Cycles and Phases
- The Hero’s Journey: Using Myth and Literature as Inspiration and Motivation
- This Day in History: Enhancing Resilience through Historical Perspective and Understanding
- Walk a Mile in Another Man’s Shoes: Seeing the World from Another's Point of View
- Where you are, and where you want to go?
- How to be your own hero in your life’s adventure?
Unit 4: Concentration and Attentional Focus:
- Define attentional focus as it relates to improved fitness, healthy eating, and performance.
- Identify different types of attentional focus.
- Identify common attention problems that various clients will encounter in different situations.
- Describe how to enhance attentional focus for adherence to fitness, healthy nutrition, and improved performance.
Unit 5: Coping with Pressure and Adversity:
- Explain how expectations affect performance and behavior
- Define different types of anxiety and the role they play in attempting to reach performance goals.
- Describe how to increase awareness of anxiety states.
- Describe mental and physical relaxation techniques.