This course has been designed with talented executives in mind who now find themselves in significant leadership roles and want to become exceptional leaders who are equally at ease with the ‘hard’ business issues and the ‘soft’ people skills.
When you have to wonder about your organization's future every day of every workweek, it's vital to be well equipped to optimize your company's performance with executive leadership training. To exhibit real executive leadership skills in business, you must be a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat, and a politician. The world's most successful leaders can focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats.
This intensive five-day training program combines proven-in-action techniques with peer interaction and insights from the latest research to help you master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
- Mid & high-level managers
- Executives who lead others with managerial responsibility.
- Executives who require strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Employees who want to get great knowledge and experience to improve their career
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand today's executive leadership expectations
- Explore the concepts of executive leadership
- Define mission, vision and values
- Learn how to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Match their leadership style to their employees’ developmental needs
- Build High-Performance Teams
- Lead the change in the organization
- Leadership skills
- Executive leadership
- Communication skills
- Change management
- Team building & management
Unit 1: Understanding Today’s Executive Leadership Expectations:
- Examining your executive leadership challenges
- Exploring the fundamental concepts of executive leadership
- The four-factor model of effective executive leadership
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Identifying the executive leadership requirements for the 21st century.
Unit 2: Exploring the Strategic Elements of Executive Leadership:
- Defining mission, vision and values
- Focusing on the “big picture” when building the culture
- The importance of planning and prioritizing in day-to-day activities
- Taking the time to focus on envisioning the future
- How a personal vision statement helps you achieve your organizational vision.
Unit 3: Executive Leadership in a VUCA World:
- Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity.
- Which leadership behaviors come naturally to you?
- Who do you need on your team?
- How does your style impact your relationships?
- How could your style create leadership problems for you?
Unit 4: Understanding and Appreciating Situational Leadership, the Art of Influencing Others:
- How to develop people, value differences and encourage honest communication
- Developing your leadership style to gain commitment from your employees
- Matching your leadership style to your employees’ developmental needs.
Unit 5: Personal Values and Ethics at Work:
- Understanding the challenges you face—and the various ways you can manage them
- Creating a culture of trusting relationships
- How individualized “passionate purpose” provides a context for consistency and credibility.
Unit 6: Practicing Ways to Communicate:
- Executive leadership techniques for enhancing pride in the work and the organization
- Motivating the workforce: three elements that ensure increased job satisfaction and productivity
- Examining the role of “emotional intelligence” in successful executive leadership
- Assessing your “emotional intelligence”: your strengths and areas that need development.
Unit 7: Creating an Executive Leadership Development Plan:
- Developing a plan based on your goals and your organization's strategy.
Unit 8: The Role of Feedback for Leadership Development:
- Most leaders complain of not getting enough feedback - this week you’re going to get lots!
- Why does it matter?
- How to get feedback
- How to give feedback.
Unit 9: Strategy and the Organisation:
- Where does strategy come from?
- What’s the purpose of your organization?
- Who matters to the organization?
Unit 10: Leaders Create Leaders:
- Building High-Performance Teams
- Developing & Destroying Trust & Reputation
- Strengthening Your Psychological Capital.
Unit 11: Leading into the Future:
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- Leading Transformational Change.
- The 8 steps to successful organizational change.