High performance is achieved by those who lead. In today’s chaotic management environment, leaders must be able to engage their team and assist them in reaching their goals. This course helps team leaders develop the necessary skills to lead actively. It includes leadership, communication, goal setting, time management, and motivation skills.
- Head of departments
- Senior managers
- Team leaders
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Develop trust and rapport between team members.
- Create an effective and empowered team.
- Establish a motivating team environment.
- Apply strategies for improving team relationships.
- Develop strategies for implementing changes within a team.
- Leadership skills
- Performance management
- Change management
- Decision making
Unit 1: The Team Leadership Challenge:
- 21st-century team definition.
- On shifting ground: organizations today.
- Skills of effective team leaders.
- Characteristics of effective team leaders.
- Developing leadership skills.
- Leadership styles: self-analysis.
- Techniques for increasing team effectiveness.
Unit 2: Building a High-Performance Team:
- Recipe for successful teams.
- The teamwork success formula.
- The importance of clear goals.
- Decisions by consensus.
- Clear roles and work assignments.
- From involvement to empowerment.
- Types of effective teams.
- Team development stages.
Unit 3: Inspiring Teams to Better Performance:
- Identifying team roles.
- The Belbin type indicator.
- Aligning individual and team motivators.
- The values alignment matrix.
- Keys to resolving values conflicts.
- The motivating mix.
- Creating a supportive environment.
- Energizing your team.
Unit 4: Sustainable Strategies for Improving Team Relationships:
- Identifying effective communication methods.
- Face to face communication.
- Team problem-solving.
- Factors shaping team performance.
- Phases of team problem-solving.
- Tools for making effective team decisions.
- The ingredients of effective decision making.
Unit 5: The Team Leader’s Role in Managing Change:
- Managing change.
- Change requires exchange and expanded thinking.
- Key factors in successful change.
- The change cycle.
- The 4 room apartment strategy.
- Typical reactions to change.
- Helping the team move through change stages.
- Handling reactions to change.
- Strategies for dealing with change.
- The 17 laws of great teamwork.