This high impact program skillfully trains the participant to become a Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt professionals. This course enhances professional core competencies in World-Class business processes. Additionally, participants are better qualified to increase operational effectiveness, engage employees, reduce operating expenses, improve industry reputation, and leverage business excellence. Customer value creation awareness is a prime element of this unique training initiative.
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Managers, Supervisors, and Professionals who wish to fully utilize Six Sigma approach in their organizations
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Enhance their understanding of the basic level Lean Six-Sigma process.
- Learn to successfully deploy Six-Sigma into current business operations for effectiveness through teamwork.
- Learn the basics of Lean Six-Sigma methodology, statistical analysis, and its analytical integration into the business process.
- Learn to integrate the principles of Lean Six-Sigma to establish process control and minimize process variation, subsequently, reducing operational costs.
- Develop their understanding of the skills and behaviors required to fully deploy Lean Six-Sigma into your organization.
- Understand how to deploy the potential of Lean Six-Sigma as a strategic business tool.
- Learn the basics of Lean Processing and Six-Sigma applications to focus on the reduction of operational costs.
- Learn to maximize profits by reducing process variation and expanding operational control and stability.
- Re-define their perception of “normal” to “excellent” with the skillful application of Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Deploying Six Sigma
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Using applied statistics
- Lean principles
Unit 1: Introduction and Define Phase
- Understanding Six Sigma
- History of Six Sigma
- Six Sigma roles and responsibilities
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Voice of the customer / Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- The basic Six Sigma metrics
- Selecting projects
- Developing the Project Charter and problem statement
- SIPOC diagram
- Using Pareto for scoping
- Case study
Unit 2: Measure Phase
- Introduction to Six Sigma level calculations
- Process capability indices
- Introduction to Minitab
- Types of data and basic statistics
- Data collection planning
- Sampling of data
- Understanding Xs which affect process Ys
- Measurement plan
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Advanced process capability
- Normality Analysis (NA)
Unit 3: Analyze Phase
- The Seven Classic Quality Tools: A review
- Statistical Process Control (SPC): Control charts
- Selection of variables
- Control chart selection and analysis
- Process mapping
- Qualitative Analysis (QA)
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
Unit 4: Improve and Control Phases
- Introduction to graphing
- Scatter plots
- Process Modeling Regression
- Advanced Process Modeling
- Designing experiments
- Six Sigma control plans
- Evaluating and selecting solutions
- Introduction to hypothesis testing
- Pilot testing
- Project closeout and handover
Unit 5: Lean Thinking and Six Sigma
- Defining Lean
- Lean thinking principles
- Types of waste (MUDA)
- Lean versus Six Sigma
- Lean toolbox
- The visual factory and 5S
- Mistake proofing - Poka Yoke