We often hear record-breaking athletes say; I owe it to my coach; That’s because however talented they are, athletes need a coach to improve their performance and competitiveness. Likewise, Companies and Organisations need to create a culture where coaching and feedback occur as a routine part of each day. Towards this strategic end.
This innovative and motivating course, explains a structured approach to coaching which is effective whether a professional is working with a recruit or seeking improvement from an experienced player.
Being less of a boss and more of a coach is fundamental to modern management.
Urging people to do better won’t work unless they know how to do it better.
Good coaching builds trust and a collaborative climate between professionals and teams.
- Team leaders
- HR staff
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand that coaching and equipping, is one of the most important acts of leadership.
- Recognize that to get things done cost-effectively they must ‘grow’ people to their full potential.
- Offer useful coaching or suggestions on how to improve.
- Help others grow and develop (e.g., creates and monitors development plans; identifies training and developmental).
- Provide constructive feedback (specific, timely, accurate).
- Demonstrate an understanding of staff’s specific strengths and development needs, helps identify developmental priorities.
- Provide support and encouragement to others when they make mistakes or take developmental risks.
- Influence themselves and others to create productive behaviors that lead to optimal personal impact.
- Optimize their organization personal productivity and personal enjoyment.
- Promote enhanced job productivity, job satisfaction and pride
- Decide actions to apply the learning to their workplace
- Equip others with peak performance skills and develop pro-action plans
- Leadership skills
- Time management
Unit 1: Strategic Equipping For Leadership:
- Changing Manager’s roles
- What is real Leadership?
- How to equip Leaders for excellence
- The pursuit of excellence
- Developing key management competencies to create excellence
- 12 Ways to Develop your Staff potential and talent
- The Manager as a Change agent
- The need for peak performance
- Activators, Behaviours and consequences
- Benefits for the organization, manager and performer
Unit 2: The Manager as a Coach and Mentor:
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching so important?
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach
- Develop the Coaching Model
- What does coaching achieve?
- Deciding When and How to coach
- Select the appropriate coaching style
- Arranging a coaching session
- Use the “GROW” model
- Measuring and observing performance
- How to appraise a person’s performance
- The link with feedback motivation
Unit 3: The Coaching / Motivation Process and Skills:
- Influencing the readiness to change
- The importance of handling change
- Gaining a persons commitment to change
- Raising their effectiveness through questioning
- Motivation as a lever
- Setting action-orientated performance goals
- End goals, performance goals and process goals
- Working your goal setting strategy
- Developing efficient Time management
- Learn to prioritize your time
- The importance of essential Listening skills
- Developing the cycle for continuous improvement
Unit 4: Putting Coaching & Counselling to Work:
- Understanding the performers agenda
- Coaching the subconscious mind
- Knowing what improvements to aim for
- Exploring barriers to progress
- Replacement principle
- Coaching the right performance attitude
- Making appropriate attitude adjustments
- Knowing what empowering improvement to aim for
- Leading by example
- Develop appreciation within and without
- The coach’s role as a facilitator
Unit 5: Coaching for Decisive Action:
- Adopting the approach, process, and skills as a way of life
- Self-coaching to fit your aims and objectives – personal discipline
- Improving your ability to make decisions
- Ten steps to vital decision making
- Choosing Pro-Active leadership
- Understand the Circle of control
- How to be pro-active in your relationships
- How to apply Persistence Performance
- Using the learned skills to apply at every level
- Ten essential qualities of a successful Corporate Executive