Excellent communication is essential for the creation of a highly effective and productive organization and workforces. In the 21st century we have more effective ways of communicating than in the past, yet good quality interpersonal communication is on the decline. The art of building rapport with people is essential for developing trust, openness, and meaningful relationships.
This course investigates tried and trusted management processes, procedures, and methodology used by many blue-chip companies to build productive and cohesive units whilst establishing strong working relationships with people at all levels. In this training course, you will explore behavior, communication, and leadership styles.
- Senior and Middle Managers who already have good communication skills and want to take them to the next level
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify different approaches to interpersonal relationships.
- Improve organizational communications.
- Discover different personal listening styles.
- Develop skills in building rapport with others.
- Practice and use assertiveness skills in different situations.
- Say No and disagree with others assertively
- Enhance the ability to influence different personalities.
- Develop strategies for creating a positive work environment by build and developing motivated teams and individuals through harnessing the power of personal motivation and effective communication
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Motivation others
- Emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills
Unit 1: Defining Effective Communication:
- Myths in Communication
- Elements of Our Communication with Others
- Communication Windows
- Identifying Approaches to Interpersonal Relationships
- Characteristics of Effective Communicators
- Communicating within Teams
- Organizational Communication
Unit 2: The Art of Listening:
- The Personal Listening Profile
- Identifying Listening Approaches
- Active Listening Techniques
- Effective Listening and Paraphrasing
- The Use of Clarification Techniques
Unit 3: Understanding Others Filter Systems:
- Internal Representational Systems
- Eliciting Meta Programs
- Building Rapport with Others
- The Heart of Effective Persuasive Communication
- Using Questions as Probes
Unit 4: Assertiveness Skills:
- Definition of Assertiveness
- The Power of Self Talk
- Assertive Rights and Corresponding Responsibilities
- Learning How to Say No
- Feedback and Assertiveness
- Ten Activities to Practice Assertive Behavior
Unit 5: Influencing Others:
- Secret of Influencing
- What Makes an Effective Influencer
- Influencing through Rapport
- Sources of Individual Power
- Understanding Influencing Styles
- A Recipe for Successful Influencing
- Influencing Different Personalities