More than ever, implementing strategic improvement changes in an organization requires leaders who think and act strategically. Work is becoming increasingly complex and sophisticated to maintain competitiveness, but competent professionals with little or no strategic leadership training often implement strategic improvements. Modern organizations cannot afford anything less than intelligent management that leads to successfully implemented improvements. Establishing and maintaining personal and team leadership skills, creating productive work environments, and leading teams in strategic activities to meet goals are challenging, everyday parts of a strategic leader’s life.
This course offers an opportunity to focus on developing and using strategic leadership practices that allow for effective and efficient management of strategic improvements. It provides practical skills to return to the job and insights needed to adapt principles to specific work environments.
- Team leaders
- Employees who want to gain one of the most essential skills to develop their career
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand strategic leadership and its role in the implementation of changes.
- Gain more excellent skills in working as a strategic team leader.
- Develop strategic leadership techniques for creating a strategic change environment, planning, relationships, and communication.
- Understand the role of stakeholders in strategic leadership.
- Utilize individual and team strengths to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develop communication and human interaction skills to implement strategic change.
- Develop techniques to deal with strategic organizational change.
- Learn techniques of strategic stakeholder assessment and management.
- Learn the methods to deal with the human reaction to strategic change.
- Integrate strategic management and leadership into the overall work of the organization.
- Develop skills for strategic leaders that will raise their capability, skill, and morale.
- Improve preparedness to deal with strategic improvements.
- Establish organizational, team, and personal strategic leadership capabilities.
- Improve performance in setting and completing strategic objectives.
- Strategic Leadership
- People Management
- Communication Skills
- Human Interaction Skills
- Strategic Priorities
- Change Management
Unit 1: Strategic Leadership Skills in a Changing Business Culture
- Identification of strategic leadership skills
- Challenges leaders face in changing organizations
- Conditions that exist that require strategic leadership
- The role of strategic leadership in dynamic organizations
- Understanding the role of strategic management in leadership
- How leadership skills change with organizational change
Unit 2: Strategic Leadership in Organizational Excellence
- The role that organization type plays in strategic leadership
- Developing a culture of strategic organizational excellence
- Learning the skill and techniques of strategically managing stakeholders
- Focusing on strategic priorities in leadership
- Setting strategic priorities with other leaders
Unit 3: The Importance of Communication in Strategic Leadership
- Importance of strategic leadership and communication methods
- Strategic interpersonal communication is a two-way
- Understanding how interpersonal communication preferences differ
- Developing a strategic listening communication style
- Communicating empowerment techniques as a strategic leader
Unit 4: Strategic Leaders Demonstrate Flexibility in Interpersonal Relationships
- Successful strategic leaders have positive interpersonal interaction
- Characteristics of strategic interpersonal interaction
- Identification of the personal interaction style
- Individual strengths and challenges of each interaction style
- Strengths and challenges in strategic interactions
- Understanding how strategic teams work better using varied interaction types
Unit 5: Strategic Leadership, Innovation, and Human Change
- Understanding the strategic benefits of innovation and improvement
- Leading strategic personal change in our teams
- Understanding problems inherent in strategic change in individuals and teams
- Avoiding critical change mistakes
- Preparing the project team and individuals for strategic change
Emphasizing Strategic Leadership and Innovation
Strategic leadership and innovation are critical components in shaping the culture and direction of modern organizations. This course module will delve into the characteristics of a strategic leader and the significance of fostering an innovative mindset. Participants will learn how to cultivate strategic thinking skills in leadership and integrate innovative solutions that address strategic challenges. Understanding and applying elements such as leadership and strategic planning and making great strategy will be pivotal for those aiming to become a strategy manager or enhance their operational leadership training.