Employee performance measures are pivotal for organizations aiming to elevate business performance. From Japanese organizations, performance measurement courses and systems have become essential globally. This course covers how to measure employee performance, leadership performance measures, and measuring team performance for continuous improvement.
Management mandates continuous improvement facilitated by performance measurement and benchmarking. The course covers benchmark training courses, continuous improvement training courses, and performance measurement courses to help professionals implement effective performance metrics and methodologies.
- Professionals and leaders responsible for shared services
- Strategic Planning Department
- Human Resources
- Quality Management
At the end of this continuous improvement course, participants will be able to:
- Identify shared services control difficulties.
- Explain the importance of performance measurement courses, continuous improvement courses, and benchmark courses.
- Implement an effective performance measurement system for shared services.
- Interpret results from performance measurement courses to decide if a process is ready for improvement.
- Use methodologies for process performance improvement.
- Implement successful benchmarking projects.
- Performance Management
- Project Planning
- Data Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
Unit 1: Performance Measurement, The Starting Point for Improvement
- The Need for Measuring Employee Performance
- Methods of Selecting Employee Performance Measures
- Understanding Variation in Measuring Leadership Performance
- Control Charts and their Application in How to Measure Team Performance
Unit 2: Continuous Improvement
- Introduction to the 12-Step Continuous Improvement Methodology
- Effective Use of Teamwork in Measuring Team Performance
Unit 3: The Tools of Continuous Improvement
- Understanding and Analyzing Processes through Flow Diagrams
- Brainstorming Causes of Problems
- Pareto Analysis in Identifying Key Aspects
Unit 4: Introduction to Benchmarking
- Why we need to benchmark?
- The Benefits of benchmarking: Why organizations benchmark
- History of benchmarking
- Different Methods of benchmarking and how they relate to each other
- How to identify potential benchmarking projects
- An overview of the benchmarking process
- Advice on selecting your first project
- The Benefits and Importance of Benchmark Training Courses
- How to Identify Potential Benchmarking Projects
- An Overview of the Benchmarking Process
Unit 5: Running a Successful Benchmarking Project
- Planning and Resource Scheduling for Benchmark Training Courses
- Identifying and Selecting Benchmarking Metrics
- Identifying and selecting benchmarking partners
- Securing benchmarking project support
- Inviting organizations to join the benchmarking study
- The Invitation Pack: What it is, why we need it, and how it's used
- Participant meetings: Planning and running effective meetings to attain the aims of the study
Unit 6: Data Capture
- Data Collection Schemes in Performance Measurement Courses
- The Help Desk
- Coping with Data Validation Problems
Unit 7: Data Analysis and Reporting, The Starting Point for Improvement
- Running Effective Best Practice Forums in Benchmark Training Courses
- Codes of Conduct and Legal Issues in Benchmarking
- The Improvement phase
- Benchmarking project management
- Management support activities
- Legal issues
- Independent facilitation and benchmarking clubs
Unit 8: Data Governance
- International Data Reporting Standards
- Data adjustment for benchmarking
- Data Quality Considerations in Employee Satisfaction as a Common Performance Measure
- Value drivers and internal capabilities
Unit 9: Insight Generation
- Initiatives to Close Performance Gaps
- Developing an Action and Implementation Plan
- Adapting improvements
- Monitor and report process
Unit 10: Best Practices in Benchmarking
- Avoiding Illegal Benchmarking Practices
- Utilizing Guides, Networks, and Resources for Best Practices
- Examples of best practice