Facilities like buildings, utility plants, power water distribution networks, production plants, parking lots, and landscaping are integral components in facilities management and have become more and more flexible, complex, and expensive.
That\'s why Facilities Management, or facilities management, is a huge business nowadays. It encompasses integrated facility management and facility asset management and requires skilled facilities project manager roles. It is one of the most significant budget expenses and, therefore, one of the primary sources of cost savings, encompassing the benefits of facility management. However, not at all costs, because facilities are a significant asset too.
This course shows how to apply the best practices in facilities management, including the roles of regional facilities manager and action facilities management. You organize and manage a facilities department through caravan facilities management methods, a successful \"business within a business.\"
The course includes facilities training courses and facilities management training courses that focus on operating and maintaining the facilities effectively and efficiently, integrating function, people, and place. It\'s about balancing asset performance (functionality, availability, reliability, safety) and costs. Topics covered also include building management training and facilities management training, seeking the right balance between operating and maintaining the facilities in-house or contracting it out.
- Facilities managers.
- Building managers.
- Risk department.
- Administration department.
- People who are interested in gaining excellent knowledge in facilities management.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential factors of facilities management.
- Evaluate the current state of the delegates\' facilities management process.
- Learn what best practices are available and best proper for implementation in the participants\' organization.
- Understand the need for a suitable operational and maintenance control center.
- Learn how to draw up a (preventive) maintenance concept based on risk.
- Improve strategies to decide when and what to contract out.
- Accomplish an outsourcing strategy that helps you realize better results.
- Understand the different contract types and how to apply them.
- Learn how to monitor performance and outcomes using facilities management training.
- Understand how a benchmark study can help improve the process.
- Learn how to apply best practices.
- Understand how to operate and maintain their facilities as a \"business within a business.\"
- Learn how to be able to share experience and knowledge with others.
- Strategic planning.
- Assessing the current state.
- Risk-based maintenance strategy.
- Work planning control.
- Outsourcing considerations.
- Contract types contracting cycle.
- Using key performance indicators (KPI).
Unit 1: Overview of Facilities Management:
- The Facilities Management process.
- Facilities Management as \"a business within a business.\"
- Facilities planning.
- Facilities realization.
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance.
- Individual assessment - the current state of your facilities management process.
Unit 2: The Basic Elements of Facilities Management:
- Strategic annual planning.
- Design, build, and maintain recycling.
- Operations & Services.
- Work planning control.
- Maintenance & Repair.
- Information management.
Unit 3: Preventive Maintenance & Maintenance Strategy:
- Understanding risk.
- Risk-Based Maintenance - the methodology.
- Seven steps in developing an efficient and risk-based maintenance strategy.
- Defining maintenance tasks.
- Case study.
- Typical inspection maintenance tasks for utilities.
Unit 4: Outsourcing and Contracting:
- What to outsource and what not.
- Choosing the right contractor.
- How to manage this.
- Contract types.
- The contracting cycle.
- Service level agreements.
Unit 5: Performance Monitoring & Benchmarking:
- Continuous improvement.
- Target setting as a starting point.
- Monitoring performance: Develop and use Key Performance Indicators.
- The Facilities Management Balanced Scorecard.
- Benchmarking: How to set up a benchmark study.