This course focuses on areas of communication and persuasion which will help delegates to be more effective in the organizational context. By understanding the key concepts of internal communication and how these skills contribute to influencing and persuading others in the organization, delegates will be able to turn more outcomes in their favor.
- Managers, Supervisors, and Team leaders
- Human Resources Staff
- Employees among all departments
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Tap into their strengths in communicating and know when to invoke different methodologies
- Understand ways of influencing others without resorting to power-plays and applying direct pressure
- Move other people by the use of pro-active, win-win strategies
- Draw upon professional communication and presentation skills to create a winning impression in discussions and meetings
- Plan and prepare businesslike presentations with ease and be able to tap into key decision-makers during and after the presentation
- Balance talking and listening, giving others time to contribute
- Use effective listening techniques
- Speak and write clearly and concisely; make key messages understandable.
- Encourage others to express contrary views.
- Communicate receptively to others’ ideas through nonverbal behavior (e.g., eye contact, nodding, open and relaxed posture).
- Clarify what people say to ensure their understanding.
- Keep others appropriately informed (e.g., supervisors, staff, other work units).
- Increase self-awareness and develop the skills to deal confidently and professionally with colleagues and customers.
- Learn how to speak eloquently and convincingly.
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presenting skills
- Listening & speaking skills
Unit 1: Personal Inner Communication Essentials:
- What is Communication?
- What does effective communication mean?
- Understand the 3 major levels of Communication.
- Intra- Personal (with Oneself).
- Inter-Personal (with another Individual).
- Inter-Active synergy (with a group of persons).
- Appreciate the different ‘fields of experience.’
- Discover the power of Non-Verbal Communication.
- Study the 8 Non-Verbal empowerments.
- Understand why your Self-Image has a great deal to do with your presentation, language, style, and content.
- Controlling your subconscious mind to communicate effectively.
Unit 2: Understanding Communication and Persuasion:
- Understanding the communication cycle.
- Analyze the Communication Pyramid.
- Know the power of words in the communication process.
- Discover the powerful I-A-D-A communication format.
- Understanding the brain, during the communication process.
- Understand the keys to successful public speaking.
- How to develop and present a vital speech.
- How to dress professionally and appropriately.
- Find out the right and wrong ways in body posture.
- How to use your voice effectively.
- Discover the power of illustrations and stories.
- Learn how to overcome Public speaking fears.
- How to listen actively and respond accordingly.
- Know the power of influence.
Unit 3: Communicating and Presenting Effectively:
- Learn how to organize your presentation.
- How to prepare and present a computer / PowerPoint presentation etc.
- What to do before a presentation.
- Understand the impact of Visual communication.
- Understand the psychology of the Smile in communication.
- How to present to a cross-cultural audience.
- Observe what features attract an audience.
- Learn how to analyze your audience.
- Using positive visual imaging.
- How to use the telephone effectively and professionally.
Unit 4: Communication Strategies for Professional Excellence:
- How to an effective decision-maker, in the communication process.
- How to use strategic communication negotiation skills.
- Discover the 9 Keys to making an effective presentation.
- Learn how to develop a systematic filing system.
- Learn how to obtain good source material.
Unit 5: Applying Personal Influence and Persuasion:
- Analyze the 9 strategic principles for effective communication.
- Apply these Communication principles into a “Plan of Action” for your life and incorporation into your Company infra-.structure.
- How to be proactive and make things happen.
- Essential communication practices for ongoing success.